Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

G7 & G7 Power

Groupie

G7 & G7 Power

So I've looked through the internet at these 2 phones and they both say compatible with boost mobile, however I've seen posts about how its not supported even though it's stated on their websites

Motorola Here 

Best Buy Here - Both the G7 and G7 Power say the same thing, except for the phones actual specs

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Agent

Re: G7 & G7 Power

Hey there @SealWaggle We're sorry, but this devices are not included our Bring Your Own list. Therefore, they're not authorized to be activated with us. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Groupie

Is it possible to have this list and if I buy a phone not on the list, can I bring it to a store and activate it there?

Highlighted
Agent

By entering the IMEI of the device on our website at https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?intnav=TopNav:Phones:BringYourPhone you should be able to know if the phone is compatible or not. Yes, you can activate the device at one of our stores. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Groupie

So by not being able to activate it, does that mean online? Can I take a incompatible online phone and take it to a store to have it activated?

Highlighted
Agent

Unfortunately, if the device is not compatible you won't be able to activate it. 

Highlighted
Groupie

So if its not accepted online, then it can't be activated in store?

Highlighted
Agent

That is correct. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

FOR ANYONE STILL WONDERING IF THIS WORKS:
As of February 16 2020, I was able to get my Unlocked Moto G7 Power from Amazon ACTIVATED.
1. Buy this Specific SIM Card:
SIMOLW516TQ
I Highly recommend calling a couple boost stores and see if any hold this card. Ask for SIMOLW516TQ, they might know it by the Letter D imprinted on the Card.
After Calling a couple of boost Mobile stores I was able to go pick one up

(Not many stores held this card for some reason, and don't expect the Boost Mobile Customer Service to give you this card, as they told me that I needed to get SIMOLW506TQ Which they told me they don't have in stock)
If ordering the card from Amazon, then be wary of this Seller: Bedfordwest (Amazon Choice)
As they sent me the wrong card, and it's apparently happened to others before.
(They sent me SIMOLW506TQ which was the one Boost Customer Service told me I needed AND which Does Not Work so don't buy this one)
2. After Obtaining SIMOLW516TQ, Just input the phones IMEI and the Sim Cards ICCID on the boost website and you should be good to go!
3. Also, go to Settings on your phone and change Preferred Network Type to LTE if not already on it.