Disappointed with the MOTO G Play data issues and and Boost Mobile customer service support

Groupie

Disappointed with the MOTO G Play data issues and and Boost Mobile customer service support

I ordered my Moto G 6 Play from the boost website on Saturday 08/04/18, received it Monday,  transferred phones, to have no data or hotspot usage.  After spending 2 hours on Tuesday with a tech support person, trying to reset the phone,  I was told he could not fix it and a slip would be sent to the upper device office, and my internet would be working on Wednesday. After not receiving any service on Wednesday, I Went to a store, no once could fix, phoned in again, then i  did the entire reset process, for another 2 hours, on the phone with two different techs, and being transferred again,  to finally be told that boost sent me a phone with the wrong sim card, and the only way to get it to work is to get a new sim, and if that does not work, call back and we can try to replace the phone.  So upset that i have to pay for a mistake not made by me, and further more, I attempted to purchase new sim from boost retailer, which is what was recommended- and of course, no one have any sim cards available.  Called again, to discuss this problem, and  was rudely told to put my old sim in my phone,  of which i no longer have.   After giving this info, I was told to call back on Monday to see if there are any sims in stock.   ARE YOU KIDDING ME.   NO SIMS again.    AT this point, this problem, is making me think twice about being a loyal customer to boost.  I have been a loyal customer for almost 16 years.   I asked for a pro-rate for my plan, because i am not able to use data- since the phone is crap, and parts are not available, and then was told oh yeah- your plan will be pro-rated, which i think i was told to get me off the phone.  To top it off my nightmare, I am reminded  that I have 11 more days until my availability to put insurance on a phone which does not work expires.   I am sooooo disappointed, and beyond pissed with this service and merchandise.   Boost need to replace my phone with a new phone, or take  this one  back and cancel my installation payments for selling me a faulty phone.    After reading the feedback, I am now feeling like boost is taking advantage of loyal customers, and selling faulty merchandise under the ruse of new.  As a consumer, my expectation is to get what I am purchasing, which is a new fully working cell phone.  I did not agree to a broken phone, or to such a problem, just to use my phone- which is part of my job requirements.   Very frustrated, and utterly disappointed in this process of trying to be a loyal and understanding customer.

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Disappointed with the MOTO G Play data issues and and Boost Mobile customer service support

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to read that you’ve been experiencing this, @frenaz27! That’s definitely not okay. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to review your account. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

iPhone 7 service problems

I have an iPhone 7 with boost. I’ve bought a 50$ plan and have no received any service. It says I have 23 days left but it says “no service” or “searching.” It occasionally flashes on and I have LTE for a few minutes then it goes away again Robot Sad. I took it to a boost store and he said it’s fine and he couldn’t do anything. I took it to Apple and they said the phone was not broken at all no problems with the phone. I’ve already put 20$ in the phone to activate it. And 50$ for a plan that I’m not getting to use. It’s been 9 days without service now and no one in boost seems to know anything about the issue. Someone please help. I have school starting up in a few weeks and I definitely will need it for communication and work. I’d hate to have to switch because I love boost and have used it for years. Someone please help!
Agent

Re: iPhone 7 service problems

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this, @AlexKraft. Just shoot us a private message with the details, and we’ll take a closer look for you.

Accomplice

Sadly it doesn’t give me an option to private message you
Agent

To send a private message you simply go to one of our agents profile who you want to send a message to and hit the "send this user a private message" button. It's under their contact section on the right side of their profile, right next to their badges. Thanks!