Device swapping from boost moto e4 to moto e5 plus (unlocked)

Highlighted
Groupie

Device swapping from boost moto e4 to moto e5 plus (unlocked)

Having trouble figuring out how to swap from my old moto e4 that I broke the other night to a new moto e5 plus that I got from a friend thats carrier unlocked. So far all ive tried to do was power off the e5 to mount my existing sim card into it then power up the e5 and once it boots, I get a notification stating that the SprintDM SIM is configuring with your device, then shortly after I get a sim lock power cycle message. Im assuming my sim is still tied to my old device but how do I proceed to use my new device with my current sim card?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Device swapping from boost moto e4 to moto e5 plus (unlocked)

Hi there, chwyx3. Thanks for contacting us. 

You have to swap phones online by accessing your account on the website with your phone number and PIN. Here's the link: http://www.boostmobile.com/myaccount. 

After that, you have to program the new phone with these steps: 

0. Turn the phone off and back on
1. Turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile Data on
 - Settings > Wi-Fi > Off
 - Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On
2. Check signal strength (3 bars, or 60% is recommended)
3. From the dial pad enter ##72786# (press "ok" when prompted)
4. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically. 

That should take about 3 minutes, and then calls and data services should work. 

Highlighted
Groupie

Ok im logged in to the boost mobile dashboard page on my desktop. Am I supposed to use the swap device button? When I tried that earlier and entered my new phones imei I got an error stating theres no data or something along those lines. And when I dial the ##72786# I get an automated service giving me 3 options and not sure which one to choose and also it asks for a pre paid pin or something. After a few tries my phone locks the sim and once that happens the sim is no longer recognized and it shows the No Sim inserted where it usually says Sprint. 

Highlighted

Hey there, chwyx3! Can you please send me a private message with your phone number, PIN number, and IMEI of your new device?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Highlighted
Accomplice

If only you could... this is Boost Mobile you can't do that. we had a call then getting activated got to get them to give you a new SIM card listen I got the Motorola E5 play I don't know why you would want this phone this phone sucks I'm trying as we speak to get mine activated for XIV freaking time it's ridiculous I'm using the Wi-Fi to be able to communicate with you
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @Tamike000. We’re sorry to know that your experience hasn’t been that great. Were you able to activate the phone?