Device does not appear to be eligible for activation.

Highlighted
Groupie

Device does not appear to be eligible for activation.

Hello,

I'm trying to activate a Moto G Play with no luck, may I get some help.
I have the MEID and the ICC, if needed.

Regards.

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Device does not appear to be eligible for activation.

Hi there crorella. If this is not a Boost Mobile device, please check the list of devices that can be activated whit Boost Mobile. You can check if the device is eligible at this link https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?INTNAV=BotNav:Shop:BringYourPhone If you need further assistance let me know.

Highlighted
Groupie

Hi Al3x, thanks for the reply.

Actually, that was the first thing I did, and this website says my phone is compatible with the carrier:

"Great news!

Your phone is compatible with our network. Now all you need is a Boost Mobile SIM."

Highlighted
Agent

We understand. In this case, we'll like to take a closer look. Can you please send us a private message with the IMEI of the phone? Also, are you trying to activate the cellphone with a new or existing account? If existing, please send us the phone number and PIN.

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Highlighted
Groupie

Put in my sim called in becuz it said phone not elegiable but it is my daughters insurance swap????FRUSTRATED?????
Highlighted
Agent

We are so sorry for this experience, tracie72. Please give us the opportunity to change it for you! Please send us a private message along with the phone number and PIN. 

Highlighted

I ordered this phone directly from boost Mobile website received it 8/29. Since then, I've followed all directions to activate the phone.
On 9/05, frustrated that the phone woyld not activate properly, I took the entire phone directly to the closest boost Mobile physical location, telling them that this phone I bought from their website won't recognize my attempts to activate it.
The manager told me she can't activate it because the phone main screen says Sprint on it. I TOLD her I ordered the phone on directly fromTHEIR website. It came with no manual, so I had to use a WiFi elsewhere to even try to get it activated through the same Boost website.
Then she told me to go to a Sprint store.
I spoke to a Sprint agent who told me that since it was ordered online, it probably was someone else's phone they resold and that I'd have to pay EXTRA to buy another sim card.
After trying to get either boost Mobile or Sprint service ON this phone, it's better to just refund my money and send it back than to deal with even more headache on a phone I BOUGHT NEW but instead
EVIDENTLY is refurbished or whatever the problem is.
Further, I tried calling and get no one, exen using Facebook for Boost.
I cannot afford to have BoughtVought a phone I new ACD stuck now with someone else's refurbished phone boost SOLD ONLINE as brand new and not be able to even use OR return it
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. Definitely wanna look into this for you. Please send us a private message with the DEC or IMEI number to assist you. 

Highlighted
Groupie

I have all my info but it says it not eligible wth?!
Highlighted
Groupie

I have the same problem I have everything and says my device is not eligible?!