ATTN: Moto G5 Plus Activation

Highlighted
Accomplice

ATTN: Moto G5 Plus Activation

Ok so I just recently brought a Moto G5 Plus and I am trying to enter the information from my IMEI and it is not taking whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong is it is my phone period or am I entering the wrong number I am just having trouble with it period which is driving me crazy because I just brought it as a gift to myself for chritstmas and I can not even have it activated it is frustrating me to the fullest right now. 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Agent

Re: ATTN: Moto G5 Plus Activation

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, CrazyJahz. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have the same issue. The IMEI checker said my phone was eligible for Boost Mobile. However,  it said my device was not ready for activation when I tried to activate it to Boost Mobile. 

Agent

Hello @MrwuyiL. We'll be more than happy to assist you! Would you please send us a private message for better assistance?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I have been doing some research about it and well turns out you have to get a Boost Mobile Sim card for your Moto G5 Plus in order for it to work. Hopefully it does though. To the best of luck to you. 

Highlighted

Call their support. The agent may have trouble activating it. If that happens, ask to speak to a supervisor and they will get you set up. (I just had to do this after much frustration of trying to activate it myself.)

Highlighted
Accomplice

Yeah because many reps were telling me that I couldn't activate at all because I only had an IMEI and nothing else. I was thinking about getting a sim card specifically for the Moto G5 plus and hopefully that works. I am just tired of being denied when I know it should work tbh. It's extremely frustrating as **bleep** because I'm thinking about going to another company.
Highlighted
Agent

That’s not what we like to hear. We truly apologize for the inconvenience, @CrazyJahz! Are you still unable to activate the Moto G5 Plus? If so, please send us a private message with the device IMEI so we can take a closer look.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Funny thing about that is when I put my imei in it say bummer we still gotta work some kinks out. Imma need them to hurry up before I switch to another company.
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. Please, send us a private message with the device IMEI so we can get this thing figured out. We’re eager to help!