My phome will not connect to my home wifi.

Highlighted
Groupie

My phome will not connect to my home wifi.

I recently bought a Coolpad Legacy, mostly in part due to the great discount on the phone. It's a great phone, and I love it, but there's one problem; It will not connect to my home wifi. I've tried resetting my network settings, to even factory resetting the phone, and I even reset my router. Nothing worked. I was scared that it was a hardware issue, but the phone connects to my previous phones hotspot just fine, and the wifi at my work, too. It's just my home network. The password is correct, because when I type it in correctly, it gives me an incorrect password error. It will say "Connecting, authenticating, saved" in that order several times before simply saying "Disabled" under the name of my network. What is going on? I have no clue how to resolve this. I don't want to return the phone, because Boost is probably the best carrier I could use, but as a first time customer, I'm disappointed. If anyone could give me some advice, that would be great.
See more topics labeled with:
5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: My phome will not connect to my home wifi.

So sorry about the trouble! Is your WiFi network working properly? Are you able to connect other devices onto the WiFi network with no issues? If so, from your device go into your WiFi settings and choose “Forget This Network.” Then go back and select the network you want to connect to again.

Groupie

Re: My phone will not connect to my home wifi.

Other devices connect to my network as normal. I just attempted to "forget the network" and retry, but that did not work, I am stuck in the loop of authenticating, failing, and then saying disabled.
Agent

We understand. In that case, unfortunately, the issue could be the device itself. Can you please let us know if you have less than 7 days with the phone? 

Groupie

I have only had the phone for two days now.
Agent

Thank you for the information. If you only have 2 days, you are still able to return the phone, since the issue could be the device itself. We understand your frustration and we truly apologize for the inconvenience.