sync/storage & app help, please

Accomplice

sync/storage & app help, please

I cannot sync email messages because I am running out of storage on my stylo. I regularly clear the cache for all apps, and that usually clears that icon on the top left corner of my phone. I'm working on consolidating photos I have on google and dropbox, so I don't lose a single one. When that happens, I know I can delete dropbox for more storage. My question is- what other apps on my phone are unnecessary that can be deleted? Because I know if you delete certain apps, it could have an effect on the way other things work, and don't want to screw anything up. So if somebody can help me, I'd appreciate it
12 REPLIES 12
Accomplice

Re: sync/storage & app help, please

Thanks for all the help.
Accomplice

And I mean that very sarcastically. Waste of time
Agent

Hello, @ducatichick. Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, default applications, apps that came already installed on the device, can't be removed. 

We suggest you uninstall the applications that you don't use. As well, we recommend you use a Micro SD card to increase the storage of your phone. If you need further assistance, just let us know.

Accomplice

There is one on the phone. What can be transferred and how do you do it? I know I don't need both google photos AND dropbox, but until I'm done making sure I do not lose a single photo or video by comparing one with another, dropbox will stay on phone.
Agent

Understood. To the Micro SD card, you can transfer different files such as contacts, pictures, music, and movies. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Look for and tap the My Files app.
2. Tap Internal Storage. 
3. Navigate to the file you want to move.
4. Tap and hold the file, then select Move, then touch SD card.
5. Navigate to the location you want to save your file to, and then touch DONE.

To move the contacts, do the following steps:

1. Open the contacts/people icon.
2. Press Menu.
3. Select Import/Export. 
NOTE: Some devices require you select More then Import/Export.
4. Select Export to SD card.

Accomplice

Okay. So once I do that, does the information that I moved stay on the phone, or do I have to manually delete it? And how do I bring back up anything from the SIM card if I want to use it again at some later date and time?
Agent

The information will stay on the phone. In case you perform a factory reset or move the SD card to a different handset, the information should be automatically loaded by the phone.

However, to get the contacts back, you'll need to import them manually. Just follow these steps:

1. Open the contacts/people icon.
2. Press Menu.
3. Select Import/Export. 
NOTE: Some devices require you select More then Import/Export.
4. Select Import from SD Card.

Accomplice

Ok. So when I move files from internal storage to SD card, I'll have more memory/storage right away. Thank you. If I have further questions, I'll be sure to ask for your help. 😀
Accomplice

What you called 'my files' app, isn't on the phone. What else is it referred as?