"Your account is not authorized to make calls to this number"

Highlighted

"Your account is not authorized to make calls to this number"

I've had an LG X Charge since late may, and almost every day I'll try to make a call and instead get an automated message that I'm not authorized to make calls. This can usually be fixed by restarting the phone but today I have restarted twice and it's still not working. 

Edit: If I listen to the whole message it tells me to call customer service. So I tried, and got the same message. I'm not authorized to call customer service. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! Please try dialing the code ##72786#. This will program the phone. A few things to consider:

-When you buy a new phone, you must use the SIM card that comes with it. Do Not use your old SIM card on a new phone, unless your new phone happens to not have a SIM card (in which case you need to speak with an agent to have the old sim card activated with the new phone). 

-The Wifi must be off and mobile data on when you dial the code

-Do not use the phone until the programming process is completed. Leave the phone be for at least 5 minutes before trying to do anything on it. It may restart a few times. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue after this, please send us a private message so we may work directly with you. You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Highlighted

This is happening to me but ONLY when I call one particular number. They also have Boost mobile. Worked fine for months then suddenly getting this message when I call them.
Highlighted

Hi Figires4life! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".