invalid sim card

Highlighted
Groupie

invalid sim card

I bought an LG G6 and i went to transfer my sim card from my s6 but then problems arose. The Phone recognizes the sim for about 5 minutes then itll go on to say the sim is locked and that i need to power reset and maybe call customer support. Im  not sure what to do at this point as ive tried numerous methods at this point.

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: invalid sim card

Hi, Wb_alston. SIM cards may not be shared between two devices. Each SIM card is assigned to a transceiver (device) and paired together. Users may not simply pop a SIM card out of one device and use it immediately in another device. This is known as 'pop and swap'. Virgin Mobile specifically activates and checks for the paired equipment when connecting to the Sprint network.

Is it a Boost Mobile device?

Groupie

yes, both are boost mobile devices.

@Fonsy82 wrote:

Hi, Wb_alston. SIM cards may not be shared between two devices. Each SIM card is assigned to a transceiver (device) and paired together. Users may not simply pop a SIM card out of one device and use it immediately in another device. This is known as 'pop and swap'. Virgin Mobile specifically activates and checks for the paired equipment when connecting to the Sprint network.

Is it a Boost Mobile device?

Agent

Understood. We'd be happy to help you. Please send us a private message with the account phone number, pin code, IMEI/DEC, and the SIM card number (the one that you got with the new phone).