data connectivity

Accomplice

Re: data connectivity

internet app--says web page not available;// able to play yt app- able to send a yt by text message//...there's a little spinning star-an it does spin-sometimes stops but most times spins --next to it are th slanted bars---which mayb once in a while- im saying 2 twice in a day- i'll get a bar mayb 2 bars but disappears quickly.// data mgmt. says update drive-enabled ap..over wi-fi only.

Agent

We understand, @antfire05 thanks for the clarification. We found an outage affecting your 4G/LTE services in that area. However, we'd like to switch your network to CDMA (3G) and see if there's any improvement. Currently, our technicians are working to fix your 4G/LTE issue and this could serve as a workaround while they work on a solution. If you agree, here are the steps:

1. From the home screen, tap Apps.
2. Scroll to and tap Settings.
3. Scroll to the Network Connections section and tap More networks.
Note: The Settings menu has three possible arrangements, Grid view (default), List view and Tab view. To change the Settings view, tap the Menu icon and tap the preferred view.
4. Tap Mobile networks.
5. Tap Network mode.
6. Tap CDMA for 3G access only. 
7. Tap OK to apply the new setting. The device will restart and you will need to check if there's any improvement. 

Please let us know the outcome! 🙂 

Accomplice

I did change it to 3g connectivity;;;;it says to get the lyft app -I have to go thru google play;;;; internet>>go to google play;;;google>>go to google play;;;I even got another google acct...…...still unable to get a lyft app.---should I leave it on 3G or just change it back to 4g and leave it on 4G??

Accomplice

I did get bars on 3G...………………...but I need a ride!!! I just want to get th lyft app

Agent

Oh, I see, @antfire05! If this issue is only happening with Lyft, then you will need to contact their support team. Now, if the phone works better on 3G, you can keep it that way, that way you can have access to your data. However, you can feel free to switch back to 4G/LTe whenever you want. 

Accomplice

no not really---I tried newsweek instead of lyft/uber and I sent newsweek link by text message but not in email//then the connection shut off where I couldn't send a diff article..... I use lyft for work- I get off 12 mid---there is no bus--I hav to hav lyft…….I prob need another service besides boost....can metro pcs use my same phone; will boost give me any credit??

Accomplice

i'll try first a boost store and see if they can fix it.....closest one to me that can look at it??; Walmart sell phone and boost service but won't fix or look at it....

Accomplice

when it cut off from sending a newsweek article...saying there was not connectivity.....I still had bars....fyi

Highlighted
Agent

Accomplice

thank u for all ur time here....I appreciate it...I will look on that link; im on my home pc....I am to maneuver thru th boost zone----stops at my device----thanks again very much.