Trying to swap device

Enthusiast

Re: Trying to swap device

Looking for some help with switching phones. I just bought a used LG V40 which is supposed to be unlocked and there should not be any accounts associated with the phone. But when i enter the IMEI to activate, it tells me that the phone is already active. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Agent

Hi there! Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. We’d be happy to help. Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin code and DEC number of the phone. 

Enthusiast

I have an LG V40 that is unlocked. I bought it through eBay, and neither i or the person i bought it from can figure out why it says already active when i enter the IMEI. I really would like to use this phone on Boost but i am getting stumped at every turn. Is it possible that someone could have stolen the IMEI, as a picture of it was posted with the sale ad? thanks

Im having the same issue.

@Hamilton wrote:

Hi there, @Evelinbravo! Are you getting any specific error message? What's the make and model of the phone that you are trying to swap? Where did you purchase that phone?

Agent

Hello, @charlescannon71. Thanks for reaching out to us. Let's take a closer look. Are you trying to activate a Boost Mobile phone or an unlocked device? What error message are you getting? 

Its an unlocked device. And its saying that this phone is not eligible for swap. What does that mean?

Agent

@charlescannon71. Did you check the device eligibility? If not, please visit the following link: https://boost.co/2trmLAx. Just enter the IMEI of the handset and click Continue.

If eligible, you'll need to purchase a SIM card compatible with the device. The website will give you the option to place the order.

Groupie

I’m having the the same problem trying to swap devices when I put in my IMEI it tells me it’s not eligible to swap
Agent

Hey there! We'd be happy to help you. Please send a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and the device IMEI. 

Enthusiast

What do i do to swap my device when it says not eligable to swap