Stylo 5 fingerprint not working

Highlighted
Accomplice

Stylo 5 fingerprint not working

I just bought the stylo 5 today. I tried to set up the security with my fingerprint and the fingerprint touchpad doesn't do anything. But when i run diagnostics, it says it is working.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Stylo 5 fingerprint not working

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. We could recommend to try turning the phone off and on and test again. You may also try doing a factory reset and test the fingerprint from the start again. Please try this and keep us updated with the results.

Accomplice

I factory reset the phone and the fingerprint pad is till not acknowledging a finger is on it.
Accomplice

Did the factory reset and the fingerprint pad is still not acknowledging when a finger is placed on the pad.
Agent

Hi there Saphire978. Did you set up the feature through the lock screen settings? Victor21

Accomplice

Yes, this is where I am trying to set up my fingerprint.
Agent

Thanks. Please make sure the screen is wipe and start the process. 

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > Lock screen & security.
  2. Tap Select screen lock. ...
  3. Tap Fingerprints. ...
  4. Review instructions, then tap NEXT.
  5. If presented, select a lock screen option (e.g., Pattern, PIN, Password) then follow the steps to complete the process.
Accomplice

I have tried the stwpa you mentioned several times and it still does not work.
Accomplice

I just tested the fingerprint sensor in the test hardware screen and it says "not responding, contact a customer center"
Agent

Hello there Saphire978. Unfortunately, this sound like a device issue more than a setting set up. Please contact LG Support at 1-800-793-8896 for assistance.