Stylo 2 for international use?

Go to solution
Highlighted

Stylo 2 for international use?

Google searches have failed me on this, so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer.

My wife and I are traveling to Europe next month, and I'd like to purchase a European SIM card and use my Boost Mobile Stylo 2 (LG LS775) while there. The phone met Boost Mobile's requirements for unlocking, so I called them and asked them to unlock it. Yesterday, I got an e-mail from them telling me that I should leave the phone turned on, and that it would be unlocked within the next few hours. This morning, the phone had rebooted, and it does seem to be at least SIM-unlocked.

When I go to the "Network Mode" settings, the GSM/UMTS option is there. However, in the "Roaming" settings, "Data Roaming" and all the "International Roaming" settings are greyed out.

So...will my phone work on European GSM networks when I install a European SIM? I'm confused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Stylo 2 for international use?

Many thanks to JohnJ7 for the quick response.  He assures me that my phone has been fully unlocked, and will work on European GSM networks.  Your mileage may vary, of course, depending on your phone mode.

2 REPLIES 2
Agent

Hello, rkershenbaum. Thank you for reaching out to us here. Definitely want to look into this for you. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code to verify your account? 

Many thanks to JohnJ7 for the quick response.  He assures me that my phone has been fully unlocked, and will work on European GSM networks.  Your mileage may vary, of course, depending on your phone mode.