Method: Available Over the Air  
Version:    
Subversion:    
Hardware Version:      

Fixes:

Google Security Update

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Groupie

Re: Software Update: LG - Stylo 3 ver. LS777ZV9

I update my stylo 3 to LS777ZV8/ZV9 and it locked my phone now says ¨Network services lock¨ and I can´t call or use my SIM CARD of international use . My phone was working fine before the update. What can I do? Is there any way to return to ZV5.?

Highlighted

@Franlo01

Hi. I understand your concern.
 We're unable to downgrade software updates. You may send us a private message with the phone number and PIN to review your account info. - E.J.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Is there a technical solution to avoid installing the update ZV9 (from ZV5) when this package is already downloaded&installed by the phone, and it asks to reboot the phone to apply the update? I know that there will be same kind of issues like described above. And I want to prevent it.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Is there a way to avoid installing the update ZV9 (from current ZV5) whe the update file was automatically has been downloaded&installed, but the phone was not rebooted to apply the update? 

I have a notification "Android system update. To finish the update reboot the device." Would the hard reset help to prevent the update?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Short of disconnecting it from any network anywhere there isn't a way to prevent the phone from asking you to update.  I believe this issue has been resolved but I'll find out and check back.

Community Manager

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @airmanov I've checked with my device quality folks and our latest reports are that ZV9 is installing without issue for customers at this point.

If you run into issues during install, let us know so we can look into it.

Community Manager

Highlighted
Accomplice

Dear SeaWolf, thank you for information.

As I mentioned, the factory firmware was ZV5.

The system was updated to ZV6, fortunately, with no problem (and not to ZV9, as I was thinking).

But, as the system was updated it offered to download next update.

The questions are as following:

1. What update would it be? ZV7 or the latest ZVA?

2. Should there be any problem with the device when updating by order from ZV6 to ZVA?

3. Could you please inform what are the names of problematic updates and in what conditions the issues arise?

4. Could you please share with the solution how to prevent the unwanted update (I mean, to prevent any update if there is a risk of malfunction).

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Just a quick update.

I found an issue caused by moving from ZV5 to ZV6.

It is impossible now to add an accsess point. There is now menu button "add APN".

So, I'm not able to use mobile data while in GSM network.

Was that issue resolved in latest updates?

Highlighted
Community Manager

I don't have that information @airmanov but I can ask.  Is it safe to assume that you're using an unlocked device that you activate on another carrier at times?

Community Manager