Software Update: LG K3 (LS450) 5/1/2018

Community Manager

Software Update: LG K3 (LS450) 5/1/2018

LG - K3 (LS450)

Software Version: LS450ZVB
Release Date: 05/1/2018
Method: Available OTA


Fixes:

Google Security Update
 
 

See more topics labeled with:
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Software Update: LG K3 (LS450) 5/1/2018

I have the LGLS450-K3 which I received as a free upgrade. Do you know if I will be given another free updated phone so I will have the more secure Android 7 or 8? I'm sure this phone could run version 7 but not all updates are pushed through by carriers.

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: LG K3 (LS450) 5/1/2018

What iteration of Android a phone possesses is determined more so by the manufacturer than the carrier.  Given the age of the K3, which is 2.5 years old, I doubt any major Android upgrade would be provided.  

 


@Star_Gazer wrote:

I have the LGLS450-K3 which I received as a free upgrade. Do you know if I will be given another free updated phone so I will have the more secure Android 7 or 8? I'm sure this phone could run version 7 but not all updates are pushed through by carriers.


 

Accomplice

Re: Software Update: LG K3 (LS450) 5/1/2018

I didn't think I would be able to get an Android update for the phone. Thank you for answering part of my post.

 

I still need to find out the free phone upgrade from BoostMobile. Probably need to just contact them directly instead of finding someone here in the community that knows the answer.


@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

What iteration of Android a phone possesses is determined more so by the manufacturer than the carrier.  Given the age of the K3, which is 2.5 years old, I doubt any major Android upgrade would be provided.  

 


@Star_Gazer wrote:

I have the LGLS450-K3 which I received as a free upgrade. Do you know if I will be given another free updated phone so I will have the more secure Android 7 or 8? I'm sure this phone could run version 7 but not all updates are pushed through by carriers.


 


 

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: LG K3 (LS450) 5/1/2018

No problem.

 


@Star_Gazer wrote:

I didn't think I would be able to get an Android update for the phone. Thank you for answering part of my post.

 

I still need to find out the free phone upgrade from BoostMobile. Probably need to just contact them directly instead of finding someone here in the community that knows the answer.


@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

What iteration of Android a phone possesses is determined more so by the manufacturer than the carrier.  Given the age of the K3, which is 2.5 years old, I doubt any major Android upgrade would be provided.  

 


@Star_Gazer wrote:

I have the LGLS450-K3 which I received as a free upgrade. Do you know if I will be given another free updated phone so I will have the more secure Android 7 or 8? I'm sure this phone could run version 7 but not all updates are pushed through by carriers.