Method: Available OTA

Fixes:

Google Security Update

See more topics labeled with:
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Software Update: LG K3 (LS450) 5/1/2018

I have the LGLS450-K3 which I received as a free upgrade. Do you know if I will be given another free updated phone so I will have the more secure Android 7 or 8? I'm sure this phone could run version 7 but not all updates are pushed through by carriers.

Community Manager

What iteration of Android a phone possesses is determined more so by the manufacturer than the carrier.  Given the age of the K3, which is 2.5 years old, I doubt any major Android upgrade would be provided.  

@Star_Gazer wrote:

I have the LGLS450-K3 which I received as a free upgrade. Do you know if I will be given another free updated phone so I will have the more secure Android 7 or 8? I'm sure this phone could run version 7 but not all updates are pushed through by carriers.

Accomplice

I didn't think I would be able to get an Android update for the phone. Thank you for answering part of my post.

I still need to find out the free phone upgrade from BoostMobile. Probably need to just contact them directly instead of finding someone here in the community that knows the answer.

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

What iteration of Android a phone possesses is determined more so by the manufacturer than the carrier.  Given the age of the K3, which is 2.5 years old, I doubt any major Android upgrade would be provided.  

@Star_Gazer wrote:

Community Manager

No problem.

@Star_Gazer wrote:

I didn't think I would be able to get an Android update for the phone. Thank you for answering part of my post.

I still need to find out the free phone upgrade from BoostMobile. Probably need to just contact them directly instead of finding someone here in the community that knows the answer.

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@Star_Gazer wrote: