Sim card locked going from boost phone to boost phone

Sim card locked going from boost phone to boost phone

I bought a boost lg style 3 from a private person with no Sim card. Was told i can put my Sim card from an lg style 4 also boost but says my Sim card is locked when i do. Called customer support and they programmed the new phone and also activated it they say the Sim card is not compatible and are sending me a new Sim card. I use my phone for work and cant afford the 3 to 5 days it will take to get the new Sim. Is there any way to fix this issue without the wait. I thought and was told it would be no problem going from boost to boost.
13 REPLIES 13
Agent

Re: Sim card locked going from boost phone to boost phone

Hi there, @Theresa247! SIM cards may not be shared between two devices. Each SIM card is assigned to a device and paired together. You may not simply pop a SIM card out of one device and use it immediately in another device. You will need to wait for the new SIM card. 

Accomplice

Same issue here, i was tossed back and forth between two different customer support lines. One told me incompatible with all 3 Sims i have and the other said it is compatible it just isn't activatated. This is a secondary line on my promary account, i payed $80 for the two unlimited family plan lines. Re programming the phone has done nothing.
Agent

Hi, therhotonjoey. Please visit a Boost Mobile store to purchase the SIM card. Please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/store/ to find the nearest Boost Mobile store. 

Accomplice

I would but my local boost says they can not help with lines activated through the computer. So i have no idea which sim part number works with my phone. The imei checker doesnt tell me either on the bring your phone page
Agent

They should be able to assist you. What happens when you enter the IMEI on the BYOD tool https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?intnav=TopNav:Phones:BringYourPhone?

Accomplice

It takes me to a page with questions. It doesn't tell me if i am compatible or not. I would assume i am as this is a brand new boost mobile phone
Agent

If it is a brand new Boost Mobile phone, it should've come with the SIM card installed. What happened with the SIM card that you got with the device? 

Accomplice

It didn't come with any sim card, its a very cheap smartphone i had to buy a bring your phone kit with 3 Sim cards in it. All i need to know is what sim part number to use with my imei/phone which the site will not tell me nor has any customer service rep.
Agent

Is it a Boost Mobile phone? Did you order the phone online on our website?