Nougat broke hot spot on lg Stylo 2

SOLVED
Groupie

Re: Nougat broke hot spot on lg Stylo 2

Since updating i have had the same issue. Are we going to have to use the cdma workaround from here on out?

I've been back and forth for 2 weeks with tech specs from boost & LG about the Hotspot not functioning. When will this problem be resolved? Will we be compensated? I have the $50 unlimited plan now with out a Hotspot. Will boost or LG provide updated phones that are working properly mobile Hotspot?
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Pretty disappointed in the lack of progress on this problem. I use my hotspot for work and haven't been able to use it efficiently. Hope to be reimbursed a little bit or something considering I'm not getting ready he full service I'm paying for. Hope to stay updated on this issue.
Community Manager

Quick update, folks:  LG and Boost are both aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

While you can set it to CDMA only as a workaround, as I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't recommend doing so, for lots of reasons.

No official word as to when the fix will be pushed but I would say check back in the next few weeks.  I'll try to put up a post when it's officially released.

SeaWolf
Community Manager
Captain of the Pirate Ship Vicious Cream Puff

So are we going to getting refunded for the service we paid for and are not receiving? I am a truck driver and the hotspot is the only way I can watch Netflix while being out on the road..

I have tried all of that and it still doesn't work. I emailed Boost and they said it was an issue with the latest update and will be fixed with the new update. They didn't give me any time when it would be fixed. Which wasn't helpful. I am just going to drop my monthly plan down until they get it fixed. 

Community Manager

ssiebor14 wrote:
So are we going to getting refunded for the service we paid for and are not receiving? I am a truck driver and the hotspot is the only way I can watch Netflix while being out on the road..

There hasn't been an official communication with regard to the Hotspot add-on but I see your concerns,

As a Community manager, I'm not qualified to make that call (I just do the website, no account stuff), but I'm going to have a Boost care rep send you a message, @ssiebor14 and see what we can do..

SeaWolf
Community Manager
Enthusiast

I would also like to be put into contact with a rep as well. Almost 2 months of this and no help/solution is pretty unexcusable. I do appreciate the help from the admins of the board for relaying information....At least you guys are trying to help
Community Manager

I don't mind at all, but do keep in mind, I can't promise credits or adjustments.  I'll ask a Boost social agent to peek in on y'all. 

SeaWolf
Community Manager
Enthusiast

For sure. Completely understand you're only doin what you can. Much appreciated