Not sending or receiving text messages

Highlighted
Accomplice

Not sending or receiving text messages

about 2 weeks ago both my phone and my wife's identical phone started having problems with texts.  When sending, the circle moves and says sending, but never sends and I get a "retry" message.  Most time the recipient does received the message and if i had used "retry" gets a second or third.  I sometimes 6 or 7 "4504:Message not found" messages out of the blue.  Have gone to one store and the salesperson did not know how to solve the problem and said we probably need new phones.   Went to another and the system seemed to work and he said the problem is in the tower and that Boost customers are at the bottom of list to be able to use the tower and this is causing the problem.  When I receive text messages from someone, it will sometimes repeat the message 3 or 4 times.  Texting is basically unusable as it it now.  I have done all the resets mentioned in these threads, but nothing has changed.  Any thoughts??

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @richardva. We apologize for the troubles. To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs? What is the make and model of your device?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Golden Oak Lane and N. Barrens Road, Roanoke, VA 24019

We each have a LG Stylo2.  They have worked on the network for about 3 years without a problem, but we both started having the identical problem about 2 weeks agl

Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for the information. Is your mobile data working? Is your phone showing LTE or 3G? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Data and email are working.  When wifi is not on it is showing LTE

Highlighted
Agent

Please, try the following:
1- Select Settings.
2- Scroll to then select System Update
3- Select Update Profile. May also appear as Update Data Profile.
4- Update Profile - The network is preparing your services. Please wait displays
5- When Update Profile - The update is complete displays, tap OK
6-Restart your phone.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I had already done this on both phones and it did not change anything.  I just did it again on mine and will assume nothing will change since it did not before.  I believe this is a tower problem.  The phone can send text messages when I am in other locations.  Also, when someone sends me a text, i receive multiple texts.  Last night I received 5 identical texts from someone within 7 minutes.  Texting is really unusable as the service stands now.  If you are able to pinpoint the problem to the tower I use at home and are unable to fix it, I will find another service.  Not being able to talk to anyone other than through here is problematic.  There appears to be no way to speak with a representative.  To recap....both of our phones have difficulty sending texts at home and receive multiples of the same text when receiving.  On trying to send we get a "retry" message which does nothing.  At times we get a "4504: Message not found" text 5 or six times within a couple of minutes.  No idea what that is telling me other than the system does not work.

Highlighted
Agent

Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

How do i send a private message?

Highlighted
Agent

Oh, I see, @richardva. In order to do so, please click on my name, then select the option that says "send this user a private message".