Not receiving txts

Go to solution
Accomplice

Re: Not receiving txts

How do I set up this private channel? I click on your profile and there’s no link or indication of a way to set up a direct message?
Accomplice

Just sent the private message thank you
Agent

Hello Avd2531. Thanks for the info. Is your iMessaging off? There a few things that you must check. for example, making sure that your phone number and not your Apple ID is set to send and receive. Go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive. Select your phone number instead of your Apple ID. Try that first since the fact that you are seeing a green message bubble instead of a blue one it means your iMesssaging is on. 

Accomplice

Did you even read my reply? My iMessage is NOT THE PROBLEM!! it’s me not receiving andrioid green bubble/ SMS txt messages. I cannot recieve regular txt messages. That means i can only get blue iMessages. One more time. I CANNOT RECIEVE SMS TEXT MESSAGES.
Agent

I read your post. Android devices cannot send to you if your iMessaging is set to receive because the messages will be going to an Apple server.  If you are using iMessages as your default messaging app, you will not receive text from Android devices. You can visit Apple Support for more assistance here at this link; https://support.apple.com/contact

Accomplice

That doesn’t make any sense dude, I have a second phone with Verizon that can send txts and receive txts from any type of phone if I have imessage turned on and sms turned on settings. I’m close to just ending my service with boost mobile if you can’t fix this issue literally never happened before with any other provider.
Highlighted
Agent

I understand how you feel. But if you check that your phone number and not your Apple ID is set as the default, this may cause an issue with Android devices. You can go here Go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive, and verify it then run a test. If the issue persist, then you may need to contact Apple.