Not receiving txts

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Not receiving txts

I’ve had my iPhone 6s Plus for about 2 months and service is decent but I cannot receive normal txt messages only I messages for some reason. My friend will get my txts saying hey or whatever on his end but on my end I’m not receiving any normal Android / green bubble messages only iMessages. Please help! Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Not receiving txts

Thanks for the information. There're no reports of open network outages and there's good coverage in this area. Please follow the next steps and try again. 

1. From the Home screen, navigate: Settings  > Messages.
2. Tap the Send as SMS switch to turn on or off.

16 REPLIES 16
Agent

Hi, Avd2531. Let's do some investigating. For how long have you experienced this issue?

Accomplice

Since I got my iphone back at the end of October (30th) / beginning of November 2018. Ever since then I haven’t got any txts from non iPhone numbers
Agent

Hey Avd2531! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is our pleasure to assist you. Does this happen only to receive text messages from Android users? Have they confirmed to you that they are able to receive your text messages? ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Accomplice

Yea I’ve tried txting android users multiple times and I never received any txts back, only messages from other iPhone users. I also noticed that I won’t get pass codes txts from certain cites like google or Uber eats (regular automative messages) when I enter my phone number. Please help it’s been going on for months
Agent

Sorry to hear about this experience, Avd2531. We want to help. Can you please let us know what’s your nearest cross street address and ZIP Code? Can you please let us know what’s the make and model of your phone?

Accomplice

Not sure what cross street address I have but I live on 51 traders lane west Yarmouth, MA. The phone I have is a white iPhone 6s Plus
Agent

Thanks for the information. There're no reports of open network outages and there's good coverage in this area. Please follow the next steps and try again. 

1. From the Home screen, navigate: Settings  > Messages.
2. Tap the Send as SMS switch to turn on or off.

Accomplice

I tried that and that didn’t work at all, I sent two txt messages and I got nothing back from my friend, I told him on snap chat to reply, he said he did but I never received his messages at all. Is there anything else to fix this ? I need my service to be fixed for receiving non iMessage txts
Agent

Thanks for the information. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request.