Not receiving text messages

Go to solution
Enthusiast

Re: Not receiving text messages

Greetings!
This thread has much descriptive detail that's relevant to my own "not receiving texts" issue so I decided to piggyback here rather than start anew.

Xcharge on Boost. Incoming texts seem to be held in queue (for days even) and then suddenly are "dumped" to be received in a huge batch. Per other posters I have tried all of the recommended cures with no results.
FWIW, an incoming text containing an image is delivered promptly. Incoming messages containing only text are delayed.
All of the usual suggestions given above and by Boost have been tried.
Extremely frustrated.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Agent

Hi there, @TextFrustration. We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Can you please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and address. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Enthusiast

Meanwhile Boost apparantly has no trouble sending "special offers" etc. but all texts from others are not delivered.
Very frustrated.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Just to add to everyone else...
I'm having the exact same issue. I can get texts from myself, my brother (who is also on boost), and boost mobile themself. However, nothing from other carriers seem to get through. I have an LG stylo 4, and the issue started around March 10. Talked with customer service and they recommended the same approach; reboot phone, reactivation, updating profile/PRL, and full factory reset. None of them have worked so far, but they are sending me a new SIM card to see if that'll fix. Not too sure why that would make a difference, though.
Enthusiast

I gave Boost another month hoping that the (missing, delayed, lost) incoming texts issue would be resolved. It hasn't.
I have no choice but to move on to another carrier.
Sorry to go, Boost was great for many years and I was happy with the service.

Good luck to all with the text issue.
Agent

Hi there! We are terribly sorry to know you're experiencing issues with your text messaging service. Has your area been verified to discard any outages? ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Groupie

Same problem here! I am in Cincinnati OH and have not been receiving text messages since yesterday. I have done both hard and soft resets as well as updated the PRL and profile. Nothing works. I even ordered a new phone (big mistake on my part seeing others were having this issue). Please help!

Agent

Hey there, @Help!! That does not sound OK. We will definitely look int this. Please send us a private message with your number and PIN as quickly as possible.