Lg stylo 2 and Android 7.0 Nougat

Go to solution

Re: Lg stylo 2 and Android 7.0 Nougat

I can confirm that I updated Android on my LG Stylo 2 today, February 22, 2017,  to version 7.0 (Nougat). The only issue I experienced initially was that Google Play and other Google services were initially not installed into the new operating system. I had no choice but to perform a Factory Reset (not recommended unless you know what you're doing), which allowed me to synchronize my phone setup from my Google account, thus ensuring I have access to Google services. From here, it is just a matter of personalization.

Accomplice

that easy do a lg backup then restore finally restore the backup and everything is like before

My LG Stylo 2 updated a few days ago....but with the update, I lost all my pictures on my SD card I had installed....when I tried to access it, the phone told me the SD card was corrupted....thankfully, I had backed them up to Google Drive so I can still technically access the pictures....I took out my SD card and tried it on 2 other devices (tablet and PC) and both told me the card was corrupted (I had no problems viewing photos from my phone from this card before the update)....so I had to go buy a new SD card (the old one won't even format now).....but my new problem is, at least 3 times a day, my phone will reboot itself....never had this problem before.....I have tried to google a "fix" for it and can't find anything....kind of frustrating to look down at the phone and see it rebooting itself again....

Mine does the same thing. Also several apps and services are constantly crashing. Tried a factory reset and still the same problem? Wish there was a fix for this!!!
Community Manager

Flier1 wrote:
Mine does the same thing. Also several apps and services are constantly crashing. Tried a factory reset and still the same problem? Wish there was a fix for this!!!

Since we have a couple different issues being reported, would you be willing to say what specifically, is happening to your phone?  Just helps us get a bit more info so we can give you some ideas to help.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted

Phone unexpectedly shuts down and reboots itself at any time, even during a call it's happened. Also keep getting play service app closed unexpectedly and several other apps. I can't send crash report because when I try to, that service won't respond. I've done factory resets 3x along with formatting sd card and still same problem keeps happening.