Lg stylo 2 and Android 7.0 Nougat

Accomplice

Lg stylo 2 and Android 7.0 Nougat

How can it take this long to get the update? It has almost been a month since it was released. You'd think they would send it to all of the LG G STYLO 2's at the same time it would make since.
7 REPLIES
Accomplice

Re: Lg stylo 2 and Android 7.0 Nougat

I have the same phone and received the update about a month ago, I think. We all should get the same update at the same time. You have received it, right?

Anyway, I know that they release the updates to the google phones first. And then eventually, everyone else gets them over time. LG is one of the last to receive updates unfortantly. It has to do with LG though I am pretty sure. 

Accomplice

Well as for me, I have the Stylo 2 and I know the Nougat release was on Jan 18, 2017.

BUT, as of this post which is Feb 10, 2017 basically 3 weeks after that release I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN IT.

I have even manually checked for it and even tried the trick of powering off then on the phone.

NOTHING.

I REALLY need this to happen at a time when I can leave the phone sit that long to do update and have all apps re-download to phone.

As because of the crappy internet connection at my house (been crappy for about a month no way to fix) I would prefer to do this over my actual phone data connection instead of the Wi-Fi, which is dog slow (besides have unlimited data, so why not?).

So, if ANYONE can tell me when I will be getting this, would be awesome.

Thanks.

Community Manager

Updates are staggered for various reasons and there isn't a published list of which devices get it in a particular order or set time.  I know it can be tough to wait if you're looking forward to a new feature.  Hang in there, it's coming!

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Well, FINALLY, the update arrived last night about 10 PM my time.

The biggest item that impressed me was that it updated and did not kill my apps or settings.

I have a Lenovo tablet as well, and when they updated that from 5 to 6, I then had to spend a boatload of time re-installing all my apps.

But when the update from 6 to 7 happened on my Stylo 2 phone, AWESOME. NO hassles at all.

Thanks Boost and LG !!

Accomplice

TheOhioBest----
I actually received a major update on my boost LG Stylo 2 a few days ago. It was a bug fix it looked like and some other tweaks. Took about 10 min to download.
However, my LG Stylo received the major update to nougot or w.e a couple months ago. Maybe a month ago. Somewhere in there. No more then 2. The original major update to nougot took a **bleep** good amount of time. Maybe 15 min or so.
But yeah, I then also received a big update couple days ago and it said it was for bug fixes and security stuff. Weird how we have the same phone and company and I got my nugout update a month or so before you. And when I received what seemed to be a patch improvement, sounds like the same day you received your nugout update. Just strange.
Oh well, at least your finally up to date with the rest of us!! Lol LG sucks when it comes to getting the big updates. Notice they're typically among the last to get them.
Expect to get another update any day. But like I said, only took like 5 or 10 min max. I didn't loose anything on my phone either. Good luck
Accomplice

Cyber Wolf------
Yeah I didn't lose any apps either. Nice huh? Huge relief.
But yeah it's so weird because I also have the boost mobile LG Stylo 2 ,just as original dude does and you as well. Yet I received that update like a month ago.
Now, like 2 days ago (prob. Same day you received the major update) I received another update. Said it was bug fixes and wifi hotspot fix and some security stuff. Thankfully everything is safe in my phone still, after that second update. You should too be receiving another update any time. Let me know if you've received another. It's a quick update. Only a few mins , 5 maybe
That first major update took my phone a good 10 min!
Anyway, I love it since the update. As I mentioned, I've had this update now for a month or so. No issues, a lot of better little functions you'll notice here and there. Seems smoother too.
But ya let me know if u received ankther update
Accomplice

Robrog8999
I guess from the version number of update I got BOTH the MAJOR asnd FIX at exact same time.