Lg stylo 2 and Android 7.0 Nougat

Go to solution
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Lg stylo 2 and Android 7.0 Nougat

@Bugsy5150 so glad to hear you're enjoying the new update.  The Stylo line is such a nice solid phone.  I test drove the original Stylo when it was released and have since handed it down to one of my kiddos  Can't wait to see what LG has on offer in the future!

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Accomplice

No that's adoptable storage you are speaking of it may have added you SD storage and internal storage numbers but your SD is not used as internal storage lg blocked that feature. You can however move a few of the games to SD now but you have to go through each one to find the movable apps and games
Groupie

I STILL haven't been able to download the 7.0 update. I have a Stylo 2. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong. It says my systemis up to date. Yet I still have Android 6.0. 

What gives?

Mine has updated to nougat about 2 weeks ago but I haven't seen where any website is said that it has updated so I don't know if all lg stylo 2's have it.
Community Manager

3houses wrote:

I STILL haven't been able to download the 7.0 update. I have a Stylo 2. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong. It says my systemis up to date. Yet I still have Android 6.0. 

What gives?

Updates are released in waves and nobody quite knows what targets one device to receive theirs before another,  You'll be notified when your device has been selected and the update is pending.  You'll want to ensure you're on WiFi and that your battery is at least 50% power in order for the update to push.  You can usually also delay the update if you'd prefer it runs overnight.

Community Manager

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Accomplice

I wish mine hadn't updated so I could still use the the hotspot in LTE. I just woke up one morning and it said it was updating. Now we have to wait and see if someone at Google will release a fix. Nougat solved the constant overlay alert problem but of course it created another. If I knew how to restore Marshmallow for now, I would.

Accomplice

is there away to go and update to android 7 with out waiting for over the air?

Groupie

Same issue with mine too
Community Manager

TheOhioBeast wrote:

is there away to go and update to android 7 with out waiting for over the air?

Unfortunately, no.  Once in a while, a device will be targetted for an update and you'll have missed the notification.  You can check that by checking for  Firmware updates in Settings under System Updates.  If the system says your're up to date, though, there isn't a way to force it on to your device.

Community Manager

Hi Jared and Boost Mobile Community,

This is a message in order to inform you that as of February 16th, 2017 the LG Stylo 2 received the Andriod 7.0 Nougat. Here are the steps to find the update (assuming that you have Andriod 6.0 Marshmallow):

1. Go to Settings.

2. Go to General.

3. Phone Management>System Updates

4. Update LG Software

Please let us know your experience. Thank you for your patience and enjoy.

PS: I do not work for Boost Mobile, but I figure it is nice to inform the general public that we have the latest Andriod update avaliable in our LG Stylo 2.