Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Lg stylo 2 and Android 7.0 Nougat

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Lg stylo 2 and Android 7.0 Nougat

Would anyone know off hand or read if infact the lg stylo 2 will be upating to Android 7.0 nougat or is it still too early yet bcuz if I'm not mistaking I thought I heard that Lg was keeping quiet about their particular handsets for now so, any info would be greatly appreciated...thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Lg stylo 2 and Android 7.0 Nougat

Hi,

It is still to early to tell.  You are correct, LG is much more tight lipped about updates compared to other MFGs.

I can speculate some, ifyou like, based on LGs history.

The LG G5 should get Android N around thanksgiving, or at least by the end of the year.

Expect other flagships like the G4 and V10 first quarter 2017, Feb/March

With the likes of the K8 and K10 after that.

This would put the Stylo 2 near the K8/K10 update time.

If Stylo 2 gets it, I think it will, If I had to guess, May/June 2017

Yours,
-J
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Guru

Hi,

It is still to early to tell.  You are correct, LG is much more tight lipped about updates compared to other MFGs.

I can speculate some, ifyou like, based on LGs history.

The LG G5 should get Android N around thanksgiving, or at least by the end of the year.

Expect other flagships like the G4 and V10 first quarter 2017, Feb/March

With the likes of the K8 and K10 after that.

This would put the Stylo 2 near the K8/K10 update time.

If Stylo 2 gets it, I think it will, If I had to guess, May/June 2017

Yours,
-J
Check my badges!
If I have answered your question, please be sure to click the Accepted Solution_B.GIF button at the bottom of my Reply, so others can quickly find the answer they are looking for!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Groupie

Do you know if the Lg Tribute Hd will get the Nougat update?

Highlighted

If so I hope we can move apps to the SD card unlike 6.0

Highlighted

After about two weeks of trial and reading, the Lg Stylo 2 does not have the capabilities to move apps to sd. However, it converts your internal storage to add the sd card storage to it. Ex: my Lg has 16 gigs of internal storage and my sd card is 32 gigs. When I formatted it, it now shows I have 48gigs minus system usage so its about 39 gigs total storage. I hope that made sense.
Accomplice

It's released today as of January 14th 2017 I have an LG Stylo 2 an just got the Nougat 7.0 update the features I seen that were changed is the status bar and able to move apps to SD card an changing the theme.
Highlighted
Accomplice

It has been released today as of January 14th 2017 i have an LG Stylo 2 an I just updated it to Nougat 7.0 . Features I seen that were on the update was able to move apps to SD card able to change the theme an the status bar.
Highlighted
Accomplice

That's one of features! I had Marshmallow 6.1 and I was unhappy about the fact it wouldn't allow me to move apps to SD card Spence I updated it to Nougat 7.0 it has that feature. Updated since January 14th 2017
Highlighted
Accomplice

Not no more since January 14th 2017 the Nougat 7.0 update now allows to use SD card to move apps music an etc.
Highlighted
Accomplice

So now that my Stylo 2 has gotten the Android 7.0 Nougat on Sunday January 15th at 7pm Pacific I couldn't be more happier with not only the multitasking by using 2 apps at the same time but also replying to notifications directly from the notification tray and the best part is the enhanced doze mode feature that this update has to offer I mean yeah my Stylo 2 already had the multitasking feature built in but 7.0 also has picture in picture feature that also came with Thier multitasking feature and I know now that right when I put my device down it immediately puts all my apps to sleep and saves my battery juice 100% more better than Android 6.0.1 marshmallow did , oh and did I mention that 7.0 comes with dark mode....So I feel very good about this update and can't wait until Android 7.1 hits.