Lg Stylo 2

Go to solution
Accomplice

Lg Stylo 2

My phone froze, black out for a few seconds then reboot it and got stuck on the boost mobile logo. I wanna know what caused this issue. thank!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Lg Stylo 2

Could be a number of things. Probably an app that you have downloaded request extra system runtime and freezing. Im not gonna go into the worst cases. For say 90% of the time it was a personal app causing the issues. I try to tell everyone. Nowadays android has such wonderful ram managment. Dont use task killers any more. If u notice your device lagging real bad i recomend a daily restart. Some people go weeks without ever restarting. And its better than a task killler. Most task killers now end up using more battery than they save. Again i wouldnt worry unless its a reocurring problem. Then u can try booting phone in safe mode for a day or 2. That will let u no if its in the system or userapps space

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Accomplice

Could be a number of things. Probably an app that you have downloaded request extra system runtime and freezing. Im not gonna go into the worst cases. For say 90% of the time it was a personal app causing the issues. I try to tell everyone. Nowadays android has such wonderful ram managment. Dont use task killers any more. If u notice your device lagging real bad i recomend a daily restart. Some people go weeks without ever restarting. And its better than a task killler. Most task killers now end up using more battery than they save. Again i wouldnt worry unless its a reocurring problem. Then u can try booting phone in safe mode for a day or 2. That will let u no if its in the system or userapps space

View solution in original post

I just bought my Lg Stylo 2 and I'm having the same problem.

What did you do to get it off of the screen with the boost mobile logo?

Hi there @Ak47_Fontana!

I'm truly sorry to know you had such difficult experience with your device, but I'll be happy to find a solution for you! This usually happens when an internal flaw in the phone's operating system occurs, which may require the use of a factory default. Have you tried this before?

I'll be looking forward to your reply!

- Robert.

Groupie

How do you do a reset if you cant get past the boost logo im having the same issue
Accomplice

doing a Hard Reset on the Device but be reminded this would erase everything that you have in your phone Do a backup frist if you can 

step

1. Power the handset off. The handset MUST be powered off.

2. Press and hold the volume down and power buttons.

3. Release all buttons when Factory Reset Processing/Recovery Mode appears.

4. The Android System Recovery menu appears.

5. Press volume down button until wipe data/factory reset is highlighted.

6. Press power button to continue with wipe data/factory reset.

7. Select volume down button until Yes - delete all user data is highlighted.

8. Press power button to continue with deleting all user data.

9. The Android System Recovery menu returns.

10. The "reboot system now" option will be highlighted.

11. Press the power button to select the option.

12. The device will reboot and restart.

Accomplice

when i update my phone to android 7.0 i do it and phone works better
Groupie

Phone logo will not turn off.When I take the battery out it shows the charger with a flashing ? mark.  when I replace it, It goes back to the emblem screen.

i have the same problem with my lg stylo but this method doesnt work.....is there anything else i can do?