LG XPower screen frozen, cannot turn off to reset

LG XPower screen frozen, cannot turn off to reset

My LG XPower screen is frozen. Power and volume buttons unresponsive, so I cannot power down to reset.

Just stuck looking at a tweet showing Beto dressed as a sheep in a punk band, of all things....

Any ideas on how to reset?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: LG XPower screen frozen, cannot turn off to reset

Hi samkia. Thanks for contacting us. We're glad to assist you. Did you try holding the power button for a few seconds or until you see the "turn off" option? ~AmyM25

~AmyM25

Hi, yes, many times for varying lengths of time, both with and without the volume down button, with no response. Could not remove the battery in an XPower phone--it's not removable. After nine hours, the phone's battery finally ran down to zero and there was a soft reset. The phone has frozen a few times before like this, but, until this time, it always reset itself within an hour or so. Wondering what I should do next time. Nine hours is a long time to wait if you're out on the road and need to call 911....
Agent

We understand. In case this happens again, we recommend you perform a factory reset. This process erases all data stored on the device including 3rd party applications.

It is highly recommended that you complete a backup of the device information and make sure that you remember the Gmail account and password as it'll be necessary to set up the device again. 

You can find the steps to perform the factory reset accessing the following link: https://boost.co/2NYrXXN. If you have any other question, just let us know.