LG X Charge Getting Quite Hot In One Spot

Go to solution
Accomplice

LG X Charge Getting Quite Hot In One Spot

Just got the phone and near the sim card area it gets at some points very hot yet the battery scans say that it is normal temperature for the phone. (What it reads is 95 degrees Fahrenheit, highest it has gotten and stayed is 97 degrees Fahrenheit for around an hour.) Keep this in mind, I have NO games on the cellphone and am just doing light browsing on Chrome). Also it won't stop saying authentication error when I attempt to update the PRL, I don't know what to do. Is this temperature normal for the phone and whoever has owned the phone, did you have to deal with the heat or is it normal for this phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: LG X Charge Getting Quite Hot In One Spot

Purchased it from a dude that sold it to me at Tomthumb

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Hi there JacobJohnson. Thank you for contacting us. The phone is not be get so hot especially if it's a new phone.  Did you purchased a pre own device? When and where did you purchase the phone? 

Accomplice

Purchased it from a dude that sold it to me at Tomthumb

View solution in original post

Accomplice

I only paid $40 for it, he just got an iPhone and didn't need it. Said it always got hot and I knew, being ever so slightly tech smart that it getting hot, especially how much that it wasn't normal so i came here for advice.
Agent

Understood. Heat from an electronic device is normal. It's an unavoidable side effect of charging, discharging, processing and illuminating. There are three common causes of a heated phone: poor signal, intense workload and battery charging. Smartphone operating systems are fairly good at keeping renegade software in line, but it's worth checking to see if there are any apps running in the background and closing them out to avoid over usage and not over charging the phone is a good recommendation. As well please consider getting a new battery. Damage batteries would cause a device to overheat as well. Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

How do i figure out jf the battery is bad?
Agent

Hi. You would need to verify with another battery. You may stop by your nearest Boost store for a battery. We could check if your phone is still under warranty. Has the phone been active for over 1 year? Victor21

Accomplice

I know none of that information.
Agent

Understood, We could look it up. Did you purchase the phone active or did you activate it with your number? Please do not provide any numbers, just let us know. Victor21