LG V50 ThinQ, CDMA_GSM_Unlocked, Brand New SIM needs "Rescued" to be able to swap devices

Accomplice

LG V50 ThinQ, CDMA_GSM_Unlocked, Brand New SIM needs "Rescued" to be able to swap devices

Purchased an Unlocked, Sprint/Boost Variant LG V50 ThinQ, previously had been activated on the Boost Network. Phone came w/o SIM card. Purchased a Expanded Network SIM from local BOOST Store, only to find it incompatible with the LG V50. Then spent more $$ on a BYOP SIM KIT (4 SIM's A,B,C & D) placed SIM D (end in 15TQ) into the device and tried again. Called BOOST Customer Care, they stated they would assist on helping me "RESCUE" my SIM and add it to the LG V50 IMEI/ESN, then hung up on me.

See more topics labeled with:
15 REPLIES 15
Agent

Hello, AaronH1975. We've replied to your private message. Please, check your inbox.

Accomplice

So the response is regarding an old post for a phone that is basically a brick and has 0 (zero) network (wifi/cellular) connectivity, due to the "Sprint Lease" error message (Boost Hub app preinstalled - is causing the Qcrimtunnel system app to deny any/all network connections). Sprint Corp store looked up IMEI/ESN and informed device never was active on any Sprint account and device never registered on Sprint, only on Boost Network under my acct prior to "Sprint Lease" error message. I have a different issue now with a different phone, LG V50 ThinQ, Sprint/Boost variant, CDMA_&_GSM unlocked, Boost Customer care already specified and informed me that it is 100% compatible with Boost Network., Boost site says IMEI/ESN is associated with a SIM that did not come w/V50 ThinQ when purchased. The V50 ThinQ Compatibility is GOOD, need a "Expanded Network SIM" which I purchased from local Boost Mobile retail store (Only SIM store has access to), spent $25 for that SIM only to find out after putting in SIM tray that it isn't compatible with LG V50 ThinQ. So now I've lost $25 for SIM that is No Fix for my issue. Research internet, find that the Sprint/Boost/Virgin SIM Kit (BYOP SIM Kit - 4 SIMs in 1) has the correct, LG V50 ThinQ compatible, also is used on the "Expanded Network", SKU -SIMOLW516TQ (ICC ID starts with 8931253000 and are the same 10 digits that Boost Mobile site says "Should be in phone" but came with NO SIM. Boost Customer Care stated my New SIM (SKU - SIMOLW516TQ) NEEDS RESCUED and "Tied" (Migrated) to the LG V50 ThinQ IMEI/ESN and I would be good to go and they would Swap the device systemically for me, call made yesterday Wednesday 10/14/2020 a around 4:30 pm EDT/EST, Agent stated they were going to transfer me to Technical Support, and then hung up on me, didn't even try to call my Boost Mobile number as if call was "dropped/lost"...would really like to escalate to Boost Mobile Corporate, or Customer Care Management/Leadership to assist. Please advise on who can assist me with getting the new SIM, TIED to the LG V50 Thinq, and Swap my device???
Agent

We've replied to your private message. Please, check your inbox and send the information requested via private.

Accomplice

Any solution? I have the same issue. I was told by customer service that I need sim card # "SIMOLW416TQ" but they do not have it in stock and checked 3 boost mobile stores but none carried that sim card. 

Accomplice

?

Hi Pjypyoung! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6 am - 10 pm CST Monday - Friday, and from 6 am - 9 pm CST on weekends.

What is your device model?

Accomplice

Lg v50

Sorry for the delayed response. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Accomplice

I got my V50 to work on boost but I had to buy the sim on ebay because Boost will not provide the sim for this phone. The sim that you need is SIMOLW416TQ . No expanded network (5g) with that sim tho only 4g LTE.