Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

LG V30+ Boost Mobile branded variant LG LS998 - Stuck in "Restricted Mode"

Highlighted
Enthusiast

LG V30+ Boost Mobile branded variant LG LS998 - Stuck in "Restricted Mode"

I have an LG V30+ Boost Mobile branded variant that was purchased from a Boost Mobile Authorized seller, of which I can give their info if needed, that worked flawlessly for about 150 days,. I woke up this morning to it acting sluggish, so I restarted and now am stuck in "Device Restricted" with a message that reads this:

"This means it is still owned by Sprint. You need to close out the lease by returning the phone to us or by paying off the remaining balance per your Lease agreement. If you switched carriers as part of a promotion, your new carrier will not pay off your balance for you. Please call us at (855) 326-7974 to return the phone or make final payment."

I  have been a loyal Boost Mobile customer for well over 5 years so I went to my local Boost Mobile store, with no help or assistance from them or the Boost Mobile CSR's that they called. I went to my local Sprint Corporate store, spoke directly with a Manager, and they looked up my IMEI/MEID and found that this phone has never been on the Sprint network or "tied" to a Sprint Account ever. All that Boost Mobile CSR's told me was that service was activated by me, and was active for 134 days, and nothing prior to that was seen in their system.

Any help, assistance or direction on fixing my LG V30+ ThinQ (Boost) phone would be greatly appreciated. I love this phone, 128Gb / OctaCore / Super Fast / Awesome Device all around.

@Em_Will_I_Am 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Re: LG V30+ Boost Mobile branded variant LG LS998 - Stuck in "Restricted Mode"

Hi there Aaron. Please send us a private message to be able to look further into this. Victor21

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I am sending a private message in response. What can you do to help me?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Yo @AaronH1975 what was the outcome?  Was this resolved?

@AaronH1975 wrote:
I am sending a private message in response. What can you do to help me?