LG Stylo 5: transfer apps to sd

Highlighted

LG Stylo 5: transfer apps to sd

Ive had the Stylo 2 for 3 years then finally upgraded to this stylo 5. I cannot transfer apps to sd card like on the 2. I searched google and not much about it. I did the developer option where it has the force allow apps on sd and that did not work either. Im just not understanding why a spec would be "up to 1tb external sd expansion" w/o being able to store the largest files (apps) on the sd like every other phone I've had. Someone please help. I do lo e this phone but that is a major pain in the a$$.
3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: LG Stylo 5: transfer apps to sd

Hello, @Iggyp06. Thanks for stopping by. Whether the apps can be moved or not to the external SD card is determined by the phone's software version and the app version.

It can happen that the new version of an app will no longer allow the app to be moved. Also, your phone's software will stop an app from being moved to the SD card if it is necessary for the app to stay in the internal memory so that they can work properly without any damage or lagging. 

Thats not the case here. My daughter has my old stylo 2 and its literally the same app same version of the app and it give option on the stylo 2 to "move to sd card" but theres no option on the stylo 5. I just dont get why it would except so much expandable memory if cant put anything but texts and pictures on it. Those are the only things that have the option to store on sd and the size of those are miniscule.
Agent

We understand, you can try contacting LG to see if they have a work-around since they are the manufacturer.