LG Stylo 4 slow data

Highlighted
Accomplice

LG Stylo 4 slow data

Lg Stylo 4, less than a month old. Got the phone when switching over to boost from metro pcs and signing up for the $60 unlimited plan. Same day as the purchase I returned to the store due to extremely slow data speeds. Returned to point of purchase 5+ times, where the employee would play with the settings and then reassured that it was fixed or that the connection would speed up.. last attempt was yesterday, where the employee once more changed a settings and proclaimed it fixed. Sitting in the parking lot I was shocked that the recent change did nothing to improve the connection so resigned to try and contact customer service. Apparently this is the first time that my complaint about the lack of service and extremely slow data speeds was documented by boost, not any of the times I went to the store in person. I have screenshots including one from the evening of the purchase date showing unable to load webpages due to the problem. Customer service has now referred me to LG to try and resolve the issue which I in the process of. My main complaint is that I have already paid for a month of unlimited 4g LTE with a bunch of gigs of hotspot. Yes I have used phone, data and hotspot during this period but not once at anywhere near 4g LTE speeds and yes I have screenshots of speed tests on the phone and a tablet I was connected to. In 3 days I will have to pay again for services that I have never fully received with the added benefit of getting to deal with the manufacturer, LG on trying to resolve this issue. Pretty much 3 weeks of me appealing in preson have been wasted, hours spent on customer service and 'reprogramming' that did nothing and I get booted to the manufacturer.
Boost refuses to credit me for any services (like the 4g LTE speeds I have never seen) and claims that yesterday was the first time I have ever reported a problem.
93 REPLIES 93
Highlighted
Accomplice

LMAO, must be because it's FML Friday my super fast 4g LTE of which I still have 2 more gigs of to use is running at Max download speed of 0.12 mb/s. How fast is your 2g service? In numbers please.
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @Icaughey. Thanks for stopping by. After exceeding the plan included amount of combined 3G/4G use, data speeds are reduced to 128kbps for the remainder of the bill cycle month. Regular 3G/4G data speeds are restored at the start of the new bill cycle. If you have any other question, just let us know.  

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thank you for the answer, now all I am curious about is if my slow data will get even slower once I hit the allotted amount or if I will even notice.
Highlighted
Accomplice

So, it's been a month and a half since I first reported the problem to the point of purchase, about 3 weeks since trying customer disservice. Very unsatisfied with this whole experience. Feel like this company is just marginally better than a their. I pay for services that have never been rendered, have gone out of my way to try everything suggested and still nothing. Maybe I was just raised different but feel this is just wrong.
Highlighted
Groupie

I am in the exact position. This is the worst phone, service, customer service and tech support Ive ever had to deal with. I never should have fallen for boost mobile's marketing campaign. Ive seen better speeds on a dialup connection. The stylo 4 is a downgraded version of what every other carrier has and the service is a joke.
Highlighted
Agent

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, DocReal. Definitely wanna look into that for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Im going through the same junk with my data and stylo. The phone itself is fast but when it comes to the data man its a total lemon.
Highlighted
Accomplice

It drives me crazy im on the 4 phone $120 plan and 2 of the other phones are stylo 3s and they run circles around my st4. And lets not get into the hotspot its just as bad. I tried to use the hotspot the other nite on my firestick to watch GOT and all i got was buffering and the robot thing like boost shows on its commercial when they want you to switch. So i used one of the stylo 3s and it was good. I mean this is a new phone 4 months maybe. Its been poo since day one. Any time it takes 15 minuets to download a app from playstore there is a problem. When the wifi is connected its like grease lightening but the data will make you wanna throw this thing against the wall. I have done everything possible known to man that you can do to try and speed up the phone. So all you tech people save your suggestions because everythings been done and tried and nothing works. The data is just SLOW PERIOD.
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Megatron1. We apologize for this experience. We'll be happy to assist you today. Can you send us a private message with your phone number, pin code and address to review this?

Highlighted
Accomplice

It took about 2 months and countless hours of frustration dealing with customer 'service' to finally resolve my issues. A new sim card was finally sent to me and the difference is night and day. I must say that out of the 10+ people who replied, only one was willing to actually help solve the problem. I don't know if giving customers the runaround is company policy, but rather horrendous service and personally I'm wondering about the legality of it. Good luck and patients, you'll need plenty of both unfortunately.