LG Stylo 4 slow data

Highlighted
Accomplice

LG Stylo 4 slow data

Lg Stylo 4, less than a month old. Got the phone when switching over to boost from metro pcs and signing up for the $60 unlimited plan. Same day as the purchase I returned to the store due to extremely slow data speeds. Returned to point of purchase 5+ times, where the employee would play with the settings and then reassured that it was fixed or that the connection would speed up.. last attempt was yesterday, where the employee once more changed a settings and proclaimed it fixed. Sitting in the parking lot I was shocked that the recent change did nothing to improve the connection so resigned to try and contact customer service. Apparently this is the first time that my complaint about the lack of service and extremely slow data speeds was documented by boost, not any of the times I went to the store in person. I have screenshots including one from the evening of the purchase date showing unable to load webpages due to the problem. Customer service has now referred me to LG to try and resolve the issue which I in the process of. My main complaint is that I have already paid for a month of unlimited 4g LTE with a bunch of gigs of hotspot. Yes I have used phone, data and hotspot during this period but not once at anywhere near 4g LTE speeds and yes I have screenshots of speed tests on the phone and a tablet I was connected to. In 3 days I will have to pay again for services that I have never fully received with the added benefit of getting to deal with the manufacturer, LG on trying to resolve this issue. Pretty much 3 weeks of me appealing in preson have been wasted, hours spent on customer service and 'reprogramming' that did nothing and I get booted to the manufacturer.
Boost refuses to credit me for any services (like the 4g LTE speeds I have never seen) and claims that yesterday was the first time I have ever reported a problem.
93 REPLIES 93
Highlighted
Agent

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, lcaughey. Definitely wanna look into that for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Okay, will do. But quite honestly I think it is simply a coverage issue. despite the fact that I live in one of the largest citys in the US, seems like boost, Sprint or whatever simply does not have to network or compacity that is claimed. Into my fourth month with this carrier and have had maybe 2 week of actual decent connectivity total, cumulative not consecutive. Should have gotten an Obama phone back when they were handing them out like candy, at least then I'd know I was on a reliable carrier. 2 missed calls yesterday that didn't even ring on my end following my surgery, not cool.
Highlighted
Agent

We apologize for the inconvenience. We will continue to assist you via private message. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Not that I do not appreciate the apology, but action would feel much more sincere at this point.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Completely rendering my phone useless is not exactly the action I had in mind. Gee, thanks
I have no talk, text or data now. Luckily someone is visiting me and I am able to use his hotspot. Really, Wtf.
Highlighted
Agent

We will continue to assist you in private. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Did what was requested, message says
Activation incomplete, contact service provider
Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes my number is
Pin is
Address is marrero La, 70072
Highlighted
Agent

Hey, Megatron1! Noticed that you put your personal info publicly. Please delete and send us a PM instead. Thanks!

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hi @Icaughey So...my issue mirrors yours to a T. Customer service is useless. As soon as I can get this phone unlocked or take it & pay to have it flashed (so their free SIM card is able to be used in my Stylo 4), I'm outta here. Wing Mobile has unbelievable service in my area & talk, text, data, and hotspot is UNLIMITED for $50 monthly. I hate to say it... but bc of the language barrier and the poorly trained reps who read from a call script, I think your headache will only worsen w/ your dilemma. My original post is below... I'm going on 3 months with no resolution. Fingers crossed you find a resolution

In March I began have issues w/p data connectivity, poor call quality, and not receiving texts messages until HOURS AFTER they were sent to me. Then, 2 weeks ago (and the day after Boost did a large system wide overnight update), I began experiencing continued call/text issues & no data/hotspot connectivity on my LG Stylo 4. In my 5 years with Boost service & nothing but different/updated versions of the LG Stylo, I NEVER have had ANY issues. That is, not until this past March...all of which  worsened significantly 2 weeks ago when the Boost network underwent some sort of huge overnight update.

I pay $60/mo. for the unlimited plan and CAN'T USE any of the services I pay extra for. Little to NO data connection, no hotspot connection, and friends say I can barely be heard in phone conversations...but I hear them clearly.

I've been a to total of 14 times & still no resolution. I've spent hours on the phone with customer service only to hear the representative read from the universal script they ALL USE to tell me to do the same troubleshooting instructions, updates, resets, and factory hard resets THAT I'VE ALREADY DONE 30 TIMES. The language barrier is an issue also and I think it's causing my issue not to be fully communicated to & understood by the representative.

At this point, I just want Boost to kindly extend a courtesy phone unlock so I can transfer my service to another provider. This is ridiculous and I'm 1 of HUNDREDS OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE ALSO DEALING WITH NIGHTMARE.

In a world of Kardashians... Be an Audrey...