LG Stylo 4 slow data

Accomplice

LG Stylo 4 slow data

Lg Stylo 4, less than a month old. Got the phone when switching over to boost from metro pcs and signing up for the $60 unlimited plan. Same day as the purchase I returned to the store due to extremely slow data speeds. Returned to point of purchase 5+ times, where the employee would play with the settings and then reassured that it was fixed or that the connection would speed up.. last attempt was yesterday, where the employee once more changed a settings and proclaimed it fixed. Sitting in the parking lot I was shocked that the recent change did nothing to improve the connection so resigned to try and contact customer service. Apparently this is the first time that my complaint about the lack of service and extremely slow data speeds was documented by boost, not any of the times I went to the store in person. I have screenshots including one from the evening of the purchase date showing unable to load webpages due to the problem. Customer service has now referred me to LG to try and resolve the issue which I in the process of. My main complaint is that I have already paid for a month of unlimited 4g LTE with a bunch of gigs of hotspot. Yes I have used phone, data and hotspot during this period but not once at anywhere near 4g LTE speeds and yes I have screenshots of speed tests on the phone and a tablet I was connected to. In 3 days I will have to pay again for services that I have never fully received with the added benefit of getting to deal with the manufacturer, LG on trying to resolve this issue. Pretty much 3 weeks of me appealing in preson have been wasted, hours spent on customer service and 'reprogramming' that did nothing and I get booted to the manufacturer.
Boost refuses to credit me for any services (like the 4g LTE speeds I have never seen) and claims that yesterday was the first time I have ever reported a problem.
92 REPLIES 92
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: LG Stylo 4 slow data

Update, LG had me do a factory reset on the phone and inquired about network status etc before and after. Also had me try the phone on Wi-Fi (super fast, thanks office depot) and booted me back to Boost customer care. Past by the boost mobile store close to me on my way home but for some reason the employee did not wish to be included in all this fun. so i went back home to wade through the phone tree swamp until i finally reached a human to speak with. Once again i explained all the steps I've been through just to be told i need a second line to contact them so tech support could step in. Um... Ive lost count of how many guaranteed solutions that didn't work have been tried. I think the guy at my local store is mildly offended that his messing with settings didn't help produce speeds remotely close to 4g lte. He actually tried to convince me that 200-300 kB/s is really fast for a download speed. Help?????
Agent

Hi there, @Icaughey! Sorry to read that you’ve been experiencing this issue. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN code, and current address to further investigate. 

Accomplice

So, went to another boost Mobile store this morning. Explained my problems and told the employee what had been tried. He retried the ##72786# with the WiFi on and mobile data off. After doing this I experienced excellent speeds for about 10 minutes. I am less than a mile from the location I experienced the service I actually paid for, same location that has been checked for service numerous times. I did suggest the changing out of the Sim card but that has yet to be tried in 8+ visits to the store over the course of this month.
Agent

I see. What did they say when you asked about the SIM card replacement? ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Accomplice

The Sim card replacement has not been done. The employee at the first store played with the settings and then tried to convince me under 400kB/s was fast 4g LTE. I walked away from that with no further comment. Second time, what I described in the previous post occurred. I actually had the service I have been paying for all month for about 10 minutes.. it would be nice if the store employees would communicate with customer service but that doesn't seem to happen. Each time I have gone into the store in person pretty much the same thing happens. I walk in, explain what what the problem is, attemp to tell them what has been done and the suggestions from customer service (like try to change out the Sim card). Usually before I am halfway through telling them everything that has been tried, they ask for the phone and play around with the settings. I've been told that,
1 it's a new phone, it will speed up with use.
2 the settings have just been changed, it will speed up with use (got this one a few times)
3. That it's normal for a 20 mb app to take over 5 minutes to download., That's how fast 4g LTE is supposed to be
4. It's fixed! (for about 10 minutes)
Agent

We understand, @Icaughey. Please turn the phone off, remove the SIM card and, with a piece of soft fabric, wipe the metal part lightly, re-insert and power back on. Please keep us updated with the results.

Accomplice

TLDNR? Sorry it's been a long frustrating process....
Done the other day, as per the instructions of customer service. Turned phone off, was off for at least 5 minutes, removed the Sim and wiped with a soft towel and reinstalled. Powered phone back on, no change. Cellular data on, WiFi off ##72786# as per instructed few minutes later no change. Only time I have ever experienced 4g was for about 10 minutes after an employee did cellular data off, WiFi on ##7.... But my phone quickly reverted to a snail pace. Just loading this page takes quite a bit of time.
Agent

@Icaughey: Thank you for the details. Have you checked if there's any software update available for your phone? 

Accomplice

Everything was updated prior to doing the factory reset. All system updates have been redone, some, not all of the app update have been done again. due to the speed constraints and me actually wanting to occasionally use the device some apps like Facebook, tictok have not been updated again.. Previously this was accomplished like the turtle and hare story. Slowly but steadily. Honestly I really don't know what to do now. Friday I have to pay for another month of service. I had planned on going down to the $50 plan but now wonder if the $35 dollar one would be a better choice. Yes, I have used a lot of data this month, setting up a phone twice in addition to what I would normally. But all of that data has been at an incredibly slow speed, would I even notice a difference if I used up all of my "4g LTE" data on the $35 plan? This whole experience has left me extremely frustrated.