LG Stylo 4 slow data

Highlighted
Accomplice

LG Stylo 4 slow data

Lg Stylo 4, less than a month old. Got the phone when switching over to boost from metro pcs and signing up for the $60 unlimited plan. Same day as the purchase I returned to the store due to extremely slow data speeds. Returned to point of purchase 5+ times, where the employee would play with the settings and then reassured that it was fixed or that the connection would speed up.. last attempt was yesterday, where the employee once more changed a settings and proclaimed it fixed. Sitting in the parking lot I was shocked that the recent change did nothing to improve the connection so resigned to try and contact customer service. Apparently this is the first time that my complaint about the lack of service and extremely slow data speeds was documented by boost, not any of the times I went to the store in person. I have screenshots including one from the evening of the purchase date showing unable to load webpages due to the problem. Customer service has now referred me to LG to try and resolve the issue which I in the process of. My main complaint is that I have already paid for a month of unlimited 4g LTE with a bunch of gigs of hotspot. Yes I have used phone, data and hotspot during this period but not once at anywhere near 4g LTE speeds and yes I have screenshots of speed tests on the phone and a tablet I was connected to. In 3 days I will have to pay again for services that I have never fully received with the added benefit of getting to deal with the manufacturer, LG on trying to resolve this issue. Pretty much 3 weeks of me appealing in preson have been wasted, hours spent on customer service and 'reprogramming' that did nothing and I get booted to the manufacturer.
Boost refuses to credit me for any services (like the 4g LTE speeds I have never seen) and claims that yesterday was the first time I have ever reported a problem.
93 REPLIES 93
Highlighted
Accomplice

Ok here we go my wife some one stole her phonena while back. So today the boost store she went to decided to be nice guys and give her a Lg phone to replace it. She has the same number and sevice as the stolen phone because she reported it stolen whatever. This new phone nothing fancy Lg tribute inexpensive but its a nice android mid grade does what she needs it to. Shes not the type where her phone needs to be a remote control for ICBM missiles or it drives your car for you blah blah blah. But its a good phone for the average joe.
I think its on the 35 dollar plan could be on the 50 i didnt bother to ask.
IT BLOWS MY STYLO 4 AWAY WITH SPEED AND EVERYTHING ELSE UNDER THE SUN. Yet we have the same service. I really believe now that the stylo4s are just a bad bunch because as i said before we have a stylo 3 in the house and a stylo 1 which both crap on my 4. So its almost time to get a new phone because there isnt nothing anyone can do to fix these slow phones.
Resets new sim cards everythings been done and it doesnt work. So new phone or bust.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Don't know how many times I've gotten this one... How long does it take? And what is full capacity? Is full capacity where Spotify sounds like a skipping CD rather than not just getting stuck buffering?
Received last week:
Thanks. We’re aware of an outage that is, unfortunately, impacting our customers. Our team is working diligently to restore service to full capacity soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Some interesting facts:
LTE is an abbreviation for Long Term Evolution. LTE is a 4G wireless communications standard developed by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) that's designed to provide up to 10x the speeds of 3G networks for mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, netbooks, notebooks and wireless hotspots.

Sprint 4G LTE network: Expect to experience download speeds of 4-35 Mbps and upload speeds of 1-5 Mbps with an average device to network edge round-trip latency of 30-56 ms.

4-35 Megabytes per second, not per hour. Please remind me why I just gave you guys MORE money when you have yet to provide the service? Then again why do I keep posting my problems to thieves and conmen...
Highlighted
Accomplice

Lcaughey.
I totally agree with you what else is there? And what outtage are they talking about? The invisible one from mars? I dont know what kind of con they think they are running or if we believe the lies because i sure dont.
Highlighted
Groupie

My phone is so slow its boost mobile my friend has a. Lg stylo4 too & his phone is lightning fast & he has metro works fine...
A turtle could win a race with my phone...🐢🐢