LG Stylo 4 slow data

Highlighted
Accomplice

LG Stylo 4 slow data

Lg Stylo 4, less than a month old. Got the phone when switching over to boost from metro pcs and signing up for the $60 unlimited plan. Same day as the purchase I returned to the store due to extremely slow data speeds. Returned to point of purchase 5+ times, where the employee would play with the settings and then reassured that it was fixed or that the connection would speed up.. last attempt was yesterday, where the employee once more changed a settings and proclaimed it fixed. Sitting in the parking lot I was shocked that the recent change did nothing to improve the connection so resigned to try and contact customer service. Apparently this is the first time that my complaint about the lack of service and extremely slow data speeds was documented by boost, not any of the times I went to the store in person. I have screenshots including one from the evening of the purchase date showing unable to load webpages due to the problem. Customer service has now referred me to LG to try and resolve the issue which I in the process of. My main complaint is that I have already paid for a month of unlimited 4g LTE with a bunch of gigs of hotspot. Yes I have used phone, data and hotspot during this period but not once at anywhere near 4g LTE speeds and yes I have screenshots of speed tests on the phone and a tablet I was connected to. In 3 days I will have to pay again for services that I have never fully received with the added benefit of getting to deal with the manufacturer, LG on trying to resolve this issue. Pretty much 3 weeks of me appealing in preson have been wasted, hours spent on customer service and 'reprogramming' that did nothing and I get booted to the manufacturer.
Boost refuses to credit me for any services (like the 4g LTE speeds I have never seen) and claims that yesterday was the first time I have ever reported a problem.
93 REPLIES 93
Highlighted
Agent

We understand your frustration, Icaughey, & we apologize for the inconvenience! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hey lcaughey,
Are you kidding? It took me 35 min to download a game from the playstore that was Just a few measly megabytes! And it wasnt that many. I totally hear you. Yea im complaining so why not get rid of my phone and get a new service right? Well considering how much time, and more time and a little more time phone calls trips to the boost stores and frustration and lets not forget phone bills ive put into this phone and its service im holding on to it. Id be losing so much if i did get rid of the two. On a brighter note lets say this merger with t mobile and sprint does happen will the service get better? Hopefully we wont be piggybacking anymore. I guess we will see.
It just really hits a nerve when my wife has a stylo 3 that runs Circles around my 4 oh and we got a stylo 1 or 2 in the drawer that still works and it kicks my 4s rear end. Its just depressing when i couldnt wait for the 4 to arrive. Now that the 5 is out ill probably pass on it and go samsung unless the stylo 5 has absolute cosmic phenomenal power which id have to see first but i doubt that. Not to mention i hate not being able to take my battery out cuz the phone is junk when the battery goes. Yea water proof blah blah blah. Wouldnt try it knowing this phone.
Highlighted
Accomplice

and whats up with these agents responses? Its like theyre not even reading our post because the stuff theyre saying makes hardly no sense or it isnt even related to our post.
Why would anybody want to go through giving their number and pin again when theyve done it 27 times and it always ends up with the same result and the agent trying to sell another plan which has nothing to do with the problem at hand. Come on agents yall cant do nothing. Youve tried and failed miserably 100 times for all of us. Its the same problem the same issue. And if it could have been fixed by yall dont you think the last 72 agents before you didnt try the same **bleep** thing? You cant do nothing new or any different then the last agent before you that tried to do what your doing. So read our post we dont need you. Theres nothing you can do period. Everythings been tried and done. All the way down to new sim cards.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Also sent via private
Phone # xxxxxxxxx
Pin xxxx
Problem-
Over 6 months ago bought phone on $60 unlimited plan with hotspot. Same day returned to store due to slow data issues. Was told just give it time, phone will speed up with use and other similar nonsense. 3-4 more visits in store with no success and serious doubts about the training of store associates escalated to calling customer service and this forum. Customer service bounced me to LG, who ran diagnostic etc and proclaimed phone was running to spec. Problem not resolved so switched to less expensive plan because no reason to pay for services not rendered (hotspot, LTE data, other connectivity issues and more).

6 months of attempted compliance with all suggested fixes with no permanent positive results.

Only one agent out of 6+ actually attempted to provide a resolution. Others just tried to get me to pay even more money for services not fully fulfilled. Now that has me seriously doubting the competense of the support.
I have done 3 hard resets at the suggestion of support, within 3 months I believe and spent way too much time.
With no permanent solution from you guys I have a Sprint hotspot I use for dowloading. Yes, a hotspot running on the same network just from Sprint and actually receiving LTE.
My previous endeavors are described on the 8 or so pages here as well as in private messages.

I half heartedley write this now in yet another attempt to allow boost to rectify the problem but honestly have given up on a solution
Highlighted

Hello Icaughey. Thank you for the information. We'll continue to assist you on the private channel.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I guess these agents have not read the post in this discussion. What can yall do that has not already been done except try to sell us a new plan which wont solve the problem. Incompetence is a understatement. I dont believe its the phones. I feel like its the service which is riding on sprints back. We are basically getting the crumbs of the service which is causing the slowest internet ive ever seen in my life. My phone is slow that its pathetic. Im totally at a loss because ive done everything possible to correct this slow data. When will this slow data nightmare end.
Highlighted
Accomplice

You get what you paid for. You're getting crumbs because you're paying crumbs, go to Sprint, T-Mobile or Verizon and At&T if you want to get good service because these prepaid companies won't give provide it.

Highlighted
Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, Megatron1. We want to help! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private messages.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Im getting crumbs because the service sucks and the phone is garbage. $60 a month unlimited everything is what i have. You dont know what your talking about. My entire family is on the same network with stylo 3s and lightning fast speeds. My phone is the only one thats slower then a snail and its a better phone then what they have.
So you tell me what the problem is?
Highlighted
Accomplice

With all due respect to the agents. Theres nothing yall can do about the issue. Its obviously a problem with the phone because the service with the other phones i have is great. I appreciate you trying to help but theres nothing that can be done.