LG Stylo 4 slow data

Highlighted
Accomplice

LG Stylo 4 slow data

Lg Stylo 4, less than a month old. Got the phone when switching over to boost from metro pcs and signing up for the $60 unlimited plan. Same day as the purchase I returned to the store due to extremely slow data speeds. Returned to point of purchase 5+ times, where the employee would play with the settings and then reassured that it was fixed or that the connection would speed up.. last attempt was yesterday, where the employee once more changed a settings and proclaimed it fixed. Sitting in the parking lot I was shocked that the recent change did nothing to improve the connection so resigned to try and contact customer service. Apparently this is the first time that my complaint about the lack of service and extremely slow data speeds was documented by boost, not any of the times I went to the store in person. I have screenshots including one from the evening of the purchase date showing unable to load webpages due to the problem. Customer service has now referred me to LG to try and resolve the issue which I in the process of. My main complaint is that I have already paid for a month of unlimited 4g LTE with a bunch of gigs of hotspot. Yes I have used phone, data and hotspot during this period but not once at anywhere near 4g LTE speeds and yes I have screenshots of speed tests on the phone and a tablet I was connected to. In 3 days I will have to pay again for services that I have never fully received with the added benefit of getting to deal with the manufacturer, LG on trying to resolve this issue. Pretty much 3 weeks of me appealing in preson have been wasted, hours spent on customer service and 'reprogramming' that did nothing and I get booted to the manufacturer.
Boost refuses to credit me for any services (like the 4g LTE speeds I have never seen) and claims that yesterday was the first time I have ever reported a problem.
93 REPLIES 93
Highlighted
Accomplice

Good luck and let me know if you have any success. I asked months ago about an unlock but seems their horrible service extends there as well. While most carriers only require 3 months of active service, boost states 12!! They know that by this time the mid grade 'free' phone will be obsolete apparently. Personally I am still wondering about the legality of these business practices, bait and switch etc
Highlighted
Agent

Hello there, @NYCgirl_GAworld!

This is definitely an upsetting situation that you have been going through but we are willing to make it up to you. Please give us the chance to turn your past experience into a positive one.

Since you were having issue with the service such as, slow data connection, please be advised that this could be due to many reasons. We would appreciate if you could shoot us a private message with your address, including the zip code, so we can look further into this. 

Thanks for your cooperation.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm taking mine today to have it flashed/unlocked. There are thousands of complaints already & these practices are still continuing. Look into Wing mobile & see what you think, though. Their customer service has been pretty great thus far with answering my millions of questions. They sent me the free SIM & as soon as I have this little "tweak" done today, I'm switching. I researched all the providers & their is the most bang for your buck for those of us who never want to be locked into a contract again.

In a world of Kardashians... Be an Audrey...
Highlighted
Accomplice

I would advise against the above simply due to personal experience. 9/10 times statements I received such as this turned into sales pitches for a more expensive plan. Why they think I would pay more when I am not getting what I already pay for is beyond me.
Highlighted
Accomplice

No offense meant...but I've been responding messages from representatives such as yourself here, in tons of emails, in online chats, in stores, AND by phone. It's the same runaround story & always ends with no resolution. I have lost hope it will be resolved & frankly, I'm tired of dealing with it over and over again. Especially when your competitors are clearly so much better.

In a world of Kardashians... Be an Audrey...
Highlighted
Agent

It's really sad to see you taking this decision, you did not allow us to help you  with this matter. As we stated before these issues could be due to many reasons, and sometimes we may not be able to determine the root cause of an issue right away. If you allow us to follow all the procedures and troubleshooting steps, it is possible to find a solution. We are still willing to help, hopefully you send us a the require info to a private message as soon as possible. Thanks.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Wow, did you really just say 'not allowing us to help'? If by help you mean bricking my phone while I convalesced after surgery, months and months of getting the run-around. Hard resets on a perfectly functioning phone for no reason, passing me off to LG who ran a diagnostic and said nope, it's the carrier. Countless calls, in-store visits, chats and of course on here.... And what to show for all this? Nothing. Same horrible service and data speeds. Boost is on the Sprint network, which in itself is not a bad thing. Unfortunately the priority of our devices on that network is at such a low state that 4g speeds are virtually impossible. Don't expect any wrongs to be righted, they don't make money that way. As stated, complaints fall on deaf ears  Prove me wrong, @jeffc how many sales pitches have you tried on me?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Private conversation with @jeffc
e: LG stylo 4 problems
I have never had a problem with a data usage notification. My original problem that was posted about was my phone running at 2g speeds while I was on the $60 unlimited plan, rendering the hotspot useless.... This message goes on to state that I switched to the $35 plan for that month for the above reason.

jeffc Agent jeffc ‎04-10-2019
Re: LG stylo 4 problems
Well, since your plan caps at 3GB, your internet speed has reduced. We can see that you have already reached the data threshold.

jeffc Agent jeffc ‎04-10-2019
Re: LG stylo 4 problems
We understand your concerns. We believe the best plan for you is the $50 plan, which provides unlimited everything
Highlighted
Accomplice

Wow yall look. Ive pitched a fit about the same issue and did everything was told to try. Went from the $120 family plan to the $50 plan only difference is my hotspot went from 30gigs to 12gigs everything else unlimited right. So being that said i did everything my wifes phone is the stylo 3 which i had one and for what it was i cant complain it was a good mid level phone for what it was used for. Service was great. Now this stylo 4 which lets not forget i think the 5 is out now? Correct me if im wrong. Anyway so i did everything spoke to the reps called boost went to the stores and my last effort was get a new sim card which i got last week. Called boost got the juices flowing crunk up the phone let it warm up a sec and went to work. Guess what? ITS NO DIFFERENT. Still slow as a snail nothings changed and even when im in the city where i get max bars full connectivity its still slow. Ive never had a phone on boost network act like this. So im really thinking that this line of phones was just a dud or they had a batch of duds and we got them. Whatever the case sooner more then later ill be getting another phone. Ima see what the stylo 5 is cookin and if its good ill get one. If its a poopy pile ill get some kind of galaxy. Im tired of the battle with a phone that what seems to be miserable in its own skin. Im just tired of being told to try this or try that it aint gonna work. This phone is a lemon its SLOW. Thats all their is too it.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Just a quick note on how amazing my service is, I managed to download a whole Kindle book, almost 1 megabyte of data. And it only took about an hour!!!! A whole megabyte, not just single bytes. Man, AOL of the late 1990's eat your heart out. Great work boost! In another ten years you might even enter the correct millenia!