LG Stylo 4 has 1 connection issue.

LG Stylo 4 has 1 connection issue.

I recently upgraded my phone from a Samsung J7 Perx to the LG Stylo 4. I play a game online regularly and have been since before I swapped phones and I never had any issues with the Samsung. Now that I'm using the Stylo 4, I cannot connect to the game anymore only using my data. If I turn on my wifi then I can boot directly into the game but if I only have my data on, the game will not boot at all. I receive an error asking me to check my connection and I don't have internet. I can begin playing the game while on wifi and cut the wifi off and the game will play for a while but eventually it restarts and I start getting the connection error every time.
I haven't changed anything with my plan and I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works. I contacted the support group of the game first since I had been playing on my Samsung using data only for months prior and after numerous emails back and forth they are positive it's on my end. Especially since I can boot directly into the game on this device if wifi is on.
Why would everything work perfectly on the Samsung and now not at all on the Stylo 4? What would be causing my data to not allow a direct connection? I have not had any issues using data only anywhere else so far, it's just on the game. The game is why I went with the LG because of the larger screen and I have had LG phones in the past that were great.
I don't know what else to try so please let me know what you think may be causing this. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Agent

Re: LG Stylo 4 has 1 connection issue.

Hello Durrty. Sorry to hear about this issue. We recommend that you check your data options and make sure that any "Data saving" or "Data limit" options are turned Off, as these could affect your connection. 

Re: LG Stylo 4 has 1 connection issue.

I'm not exactly sure what happened. I installed a VPN app and everything connected perfectly. Then it got to where I had to open the VPN app but not actually connect it and everything worked. Now I no longer have to use the VPN at all and everything connects the same on my data as my wifi.
As long as it's fixed then I'm happy with the outcome. Thank you for your assistance.