Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

LG Stylo 4 Images Of Verified Boot Error

Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: LG Stylo 4 Images Of Verified Boot Error

I just sent a msg to you.

Highlighted
Agent

Thank you. We replied to your private message. Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

I know its been a month since last messaged about issue, but phone was rebooted as instructed, and on this community, someone was told to remove back, take out battery and replace it, then try to power up. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG...

Went to LG site support and said NEVER take back offor try to remove battery. Phone instructions were wrong. I got a phone from BOOST and so when it wouldn't charge[never wet, never dropped-no damage, just wouldnt charge] I wentr naturally to BOOST site device support. 

My device, LG STYLO 4 is not listed or illustrated on that page. STYLO2,3,5 but no 4. So came to the community for help. It was here that someone, identified as AGENT, instructed user to remove back, reboot, etc... My phone was destroyed after that. The screen had squiggly line obstructing screen display. 

Now with destroyed phone, and still paying for a 4th line, I went into store. Saw rep there and together we went to support page and community, where she verified my complaint. I was instructed to contact corporate or customer service. I did so. 

Told my story to cust. agent, 20+ min. on phone, and she said 3 options. Since wasn't member of BOOST service for 12 months, couldn't get upgrade. And musst be primary acct holder. I am. Next, she said there are deals she could offer me from 20-70.00 devices...after asking about my budget. It was absurd to offer me the opportunity to walk into a store and PURCHASE a new phone like anyone else off the street. It was this site's fault that my phone is inoperable. Then she said theres something called SMARTPAY.??? A partner with them and I could purchase another phone with an installment plan. Absurd, as well.

She put me on hold, she said, and after 20+ minutes explaining my dilemma to someone who must be outside of the country and reading from a script, who clearly did not understand what my issues were, I got a dial tone. Called back and was referred to someone else. Was connected and guess who? LG technical support. 

Told the person with whom I spoke my issues and by the end of what was an 8 minute phone call, his conclusion was that there was nothing LG could do for me-IT WAS BOOST MOBILE ISSUE. They tried to pass the buck and not take responsibility for the public info on their website. 

We spoke more and I mentioned that this site must change, not for me, but other customers. Surely, I can't be the only one who's experienced similar problems with misinformation causing damage to a device. Was told, suggested that I file report with BOOST, detailing my issues with photocopies of site views of no device support for my model and misinformation provided to the public by an AGENT here.

I contacted SPRINT and they referred me to BOOST, as well. Now let's see what happens next. My issues are no longer private, but public, and BOOST needs to be seen as the good guy, doing the right thing for its customers. Their brand at stake for a cell phone????

That is about the bulk of it, with few details untold here. Story remains 100%true.

Highlighted
Accomplice

By the way, Victor21, never got reply.
Highlighted
Groupie

Same here. Im having the same issue. Phone worked perfectly fine, went dead one day and i went to charge it and noticed it wasnt charging right. I got the same message error. I called Boost and they didn't want to help me with the issue at all and said i have to buy a new phone. I said, "Why if it malfunctioned out of nowhere? I never dropped it, got it wet, or anything. It's worked perfectly until this day." She said there was nothing they could do. I went to look for aupport and couldnt find the lg stylo 4 on their web page either. I also have another lg stylo 4. It works. The screen is cracked, its been thrown, left out in the rain, (not by me), and it still works perfectly. So why did the other one just stop? Why can't I have a replacement? I've had so many issues with boost.
Highlighted
Agent

Hello Yaebella. Definitely wanna look into that for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

agree. Both in same position, and I did the same thing, saw the same absence of device support and I knew that when I lodged my complaint that I would not be he only one. There will be more people speaking up once the community knows. 

Boost/Sprint will ruin their 'brand' over this and lose customers. Everyone has principles, and doing the right thing tops all others.

Sorry you have same problem, but believe that it will work out......sooner rather than later. [I'm considering consumer advocates on 7 on your side or another advocate] before it escalates.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Funny that no one has reached out to me yet, but you got a reply.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Victor21, just missed your reply, as I posted that I received none thus far. Will message you, but there's not much left but replacement with phone model without 'software' issues. I pray that the phone that is left remains working and this is not a prelude of things to come. No problems.

Highlighted
Agent

Unfortunately, this is a device issue. Please contact the manufacturer, https://www.lg.com/us/support, for further assistance.