LG Stylo 4 HOT fingerprint sensor

Highlighted

LG Stylo 4 HOT fingerprint sensor

I have an LG Stylo 4 cell phone. Yesterday I realized that my fingerprint sensor was extremely HOT. It burned me, and my daughter when she brought me my phone. I tried going into settings under biometrics and turning it off, but it gives me a message that I cannot use fingerprint sensor, and to contact support. I tried to see if my phone had any updates, but it was fully up-to-date. I then decided to try a hard reset on the phone. It did not work to fix the issue either. My fingerprint sensor has since burned me numerous times, I do my best to simply avoid it. I am wondering if there is a way to have it disabled remotely, or if it is time to begin thinking about getting a new phone? I noticed that a lot of other people with this same phone have had the same issue. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Re: LG Stylo 4 HOT fingerprint sensor

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Jkarma. Let's take a look. Has your device sustained any physical damage (wet, dropped, broken, etc..)? 

Highlighted

Not that I am aware of has it had any damage. It just began all of a sudden. My daughter brought my phone to me off of the charger, and she yelped that it burned her...when I got it from her, it burned me too. The extreme heat seems to be local only to the fingerprint sensor. I don't know if it will cause internal damage or not...I'm not really sure what to do with it...
Highlighted
Agent

Understood. In that case you may be eligible for a warranty repair or replacement. Let's take a look.

Please send us a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.