LG Stylo 4+ Ghost Button Press Error

Highlighted
Accomplice

LG Stylo 4+ Ghost Button Press Error

This problem happened back in late September and a factory reset was my only course of action. Looking for suggestions of something else to try. 

At random the phone will freeze. After a few seconds the phone vibrates and indicates that the home button (or something in the area of the home button) has been pressed - i can see the waterdrop circular effect happening too. However I have not pressed anything. Most of the time it just closes the open app and returns to home screen and will not allow anything to be selected unless the screen is turned off/on - however if no app is open when this "press" occurs, the phone or text message app may be opened instead and still freezes 

This happens once or twice at first but then the button press event happens so much the whole phone freezes and it has to be powered down. Once the phone is turned back on it happens again. 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear about this, mrsg611. Have your phone been dropped? When did you purchase the phone? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

It has not been dropped. It was purchased in September of 2018. 

Highlighted
Agent

Is your device software up to date? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

yes it is up to date. 

Highlighted
Agent

Have you recently installed any third party applications? Did you perform a device factory reset already? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have not recently installed any new apps. 

A factory reset is what helped rectify this the last time it happened (late September). But it's very frustrating to have to factory reset a phone twice in less than 3 months. 

Highlighted
Agent

In this case, we would recommend contacting LG Support at 800-243-0000 for repair options. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

That was the solution they suggested. It's a huge inconvenience to factory reset every time. I didn't know if anyone else had reported this issue to boost? I found others on the LG boards reporting it.