LG Stylo 4 Charges Slowly or Not at All

Accomplice

LG Stylo 4 Charges Slowly or Not at All

The LG Stylo 4 I bought on 11/1/2018 is either charging slowly or not at all. This is a new record for a Boost Mobile phone-phone going a whole 4 months w/o majorly crapping out. That's not saying it's a good phone. It just hasn't sucked as much as the other ones. (I have to say the camera is completely useless.)

First, Let's do the drill:
Nothing's wrong with the phone. It's not damaged.
I am using the cord & charger that came with the phone.
Just to make sure it wasn't a a cord or charger problem, I used the cord and charger from my friend's LG Stylo 4. Same problem.
I went to Boost Mobile's Device Support section and guess what? The LG Stylo 4 is not listed.

So what's the deal? I have congestive heart failure caused by complications from the surgery done on my leg after being hit by an SUV while walking (sounds made up but all true) so I am not really up for the Boost Blaming LG/LG Blaming Boost dance right now. And because of the heart condition, I don't have any money to buy a new phone and it's kind of important for my phone to work.

So, how do we fix this? And, please don't start the answer we with "I am sorry your LG Stylo 4 isn't charging. I understand your frustration". Don't need you be sorry or understand my frustration. I need to be not frustrated.

Oh, my account is due today. I don't want to change services but I can't pay for service for a Dead phone.
See more topics labeled with:
10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Re: LG Stylo 4 Charges Slowly or Not at All

Hello! We’re sorry to know that you’re having this issue. We'll be happy to help you. Did the issue begin after either dropping the phone on a hard surface or exposing the phone to water?

Accomplice

So, I am guessing you didn't read my post.
Accomplice

I know it was long but it was long because I hoped we could get straight to a solution. Guess not.
This was the second paragraph:

First, Let's do the drill:
Nothing's wrong with the phone. It's not damaged.
I am using the cord & charger that came with the phone.
Just to make sure it wasn't a a cord or charger problem, I used the cord and charger from my friend's LG Stylo 4. Same problem.
Agent

I know it can be a frustrating extra step. The reason we ask for this is to discuss important information. Getting to the root of the problem lets us solve problems as quickly as we can.  Thank you for the verification. Mind sending me a PM with your phone number and pin so I can help you out?

Accomplice

It's a extra step because you already had the answer. It's not like you asking was going to change the information I provided. It's frustrating because I have gone through this process so many times that I know all of the questions.
Accomplice

Where do I send you a pm?
Agent

To send a private message you simply go to one of our agents profile who you want to send a message to and hit the "send this user a private message" button. It's under their contact section on the right side of their profile, right next to their badges.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I think if someone mugged me, I'd say go ahead and take the phone.

they'd probably look at it and say, "nah, I'm good.". And I'd still be stuck with it.
Accomplice

What a complete waste of time. You did nothing except tell me to talk to LG with no direction on how to do that. And ask "If we can do anything else to help, like let us know". Else? You have to do something first to do something else. But I get it reading not something that is important