LG Stylo 3 pricing - "upgrade" issues

Accomplice

LG Stylo 3 pricing - "upgrade" issues

I'm at my end with Boost... Today REALLY pushed me over the edge.

Online sale price for the LG Stylo 3 is currently listed as $99. Great price right? Well I've only used one of my upgrades in the past 5 years of being a boost customer. I find out today after speaking to customer care twice as well as responses left on this forum from care agents that I've been able to "upgrade" my phone after 120 days. I can do this every 120 days according to the reps and agents...
I'm 78 miles from the nearest retail store. We have Wal-Mart and dollar General (they sell boost products) but you have to go to a boost retail store in order to receive the "upgrade" price. I go online and see the price is $99 for the phone. I call customer care to see what the discount will be and they tell me that it's based on the phone and only the store can give me a price. Hang up, call the retail store... He tells me that the same phone is $179.... And that my discount for this upgrade is only worth $50! The online sale price is not honored at the retail store. WTF?
Get your act together Boost
Saying I'm upset is an understatement. I'm ready to go back to Verizon. This is absolutely ridiculous...
I'd pay less with the online sale than if I used my sorry excuse for an upgrade. I realize that you've got to make money somehow but I've been a customer for several years...
I'm sure people will say "just pay the online price, what a deal". That phone is about to be discontinued. That's why the price is low. I've seen this happen with my Volt, Volt 2 and now my Stylo 2. The 3 is next....
The lack of unity between retail stores and boost is unprofessional.
See more topics labeled with:
10 REPLIES 10

Re: LG Stylo 3 pricing - "upgrade" issues

Sounds like a headache. How about we take a closer look at this? Most of our boost mobile stores are independent franchises. Is always best to check with your local store for specific sales, as they may have their own policies on sales. They also stock merchandise that we may not even carry on https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/ This is one of the reasons why prices may differ between the store and the website. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Accomplice

I appreciate your suggestion.

I called the closest retail store that I could find. I understand that the stores are independently owned in most cases. This particular store owner actually owns the other two locations in that area as well. I do not have a local store... I live in a very rural area. After looking at the store locator map there really are no other options unless I drive about two hours to a different city. So I will have to invest even more of my time and money just to see if this other area has something more to offer. It's more than a headache... This is inconvenient and by the time I drive two hours there - purchase the device with my upgrade - then drive home, I would have spent the money I "saved" in gas. 

Every answer I have seen on this forum or given by Care reps is exactly the same. They refer everyone to a Boost retailer because that is the only way take advantage of this upgrade. If the retailer can name their own price, or they do not have to honor the online price, then where is the value for the customer? 
I checked my options last night and I can move my service to https://shop.totalwireless.com If I can not receive any benefit from Boost with out a run around, after years of loyalty then why stay with Boost? 

I also did some research last night about the Stylo 3. My initial thought about the new online price was correct... The new Stylo 4 was released in June. Boost is not selling this phone yer but pretty soon the Stylo 3 will be an order only item as the stores will only keep what they have in stock to make room for the newer device. This was the same thing that happened to the various other devices that I have purchased in the past. I work in the Technology field and I can understand why BUT it also explains why the retail store price is different than the online pricing. Again, where is my benefit?
If I have to do everything on the Boost Mobile site then https://shop.totalwireless.com actually offers a better plan with 1 free month of service and 5GB of data just for switching. The same plan I have with boost is $15 a month less with this new provider.
All I wanted was to purchase a decent quality phone that was listed on sale with the upgrade that I have not used but once in several years... Now Boost is losing a long time customer and I will take my family with me. I am over this run around!

Ah, I see! We apologize you feel this way. 

Accomplice

Everyone is sorry that I feel this way... but nothing is ever done about it. 

This just proves that the customers who make this company possible do not matter.

Thank you for defining what Boost thinks about it's long time customers. 

I am done with Boost Mobile. 

Promoter

DnSims, I think you are being unreasonable here. They have already tried to explain to you that Boost Stores are franchises, which means they sell what they want, for how much they want independant from the Boost website. Its not anyones fault you live so far from the nearest Store.

If such a trivial and unrealstic expectation dictates your decision towards Boost the so be it, but try to understand your asking for special treatment here.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I am being as reasonable as I possibly can be. If you are a customer to a company that offers any benefit then you expect that benefit. I did not ask Boost Mobile to give ONLY me an upgrade and no one else... This company offered that as a benefit for being a customer for 120 days.  The issue with this benefit is that it does not exist across the entire company. This allows a company to give a false value to their product. If they give an upgrade then it should be across their entire company. 

I have been a loyal customer for 5 years. I have not had many issue with them until recently. Boost has yet to resolve an issue in which my service is billing on the incorrect cycle. They still have not fixed this issue... yet I still pay my bill. 

I am asking for good customer service and an actual value to their benefit. I did not ask for a free phone... I did not ask for free service. I am not sure how I am being unreasonable.  I only want the service that I pay for to be correct - that is their responsibility. I also do not appreciate that they hike up their prices when I know that Boost Retail stores purchase the devices for less than what the customer can purchase the device for. I have caught the retail store lying to customers about having to pay an activation fee on existing service. Then I watched the guy literally sign into that customers account on their "my boost" and activate the device just as the customer could have with out paying $35. I know they have to make money but that is not the right way to do it.
By only offering the upgrade in the store they devalue the benefit. The store will not honor their online prices... even Best Buy will price match the online prices.... so how am I being unreasonable? It's a bait and switch. They tell you one thing and then do another.  

That is called dishonesty... It takes advantage of people and I honestly do not give a sh*t what anyone else thinks. 
You want to keep paying for that garbage then more power to you.

Promoter

Again, your frustration should be placed appropriately at the dynamics of a franchise, and not towards Boost Mobile. I umderstand your concern but it is fruitless to say what they should and shouldn't do because a perticular situation does not meet your opinion of satisfaction.

Boost mobile, and their franchises are doing nothing wrong here, despite your frustrations.
Accomplice

@Ron4boost wrote:
Again, your frustration should be placed appropriately at the dynamics of a franchise, and not towards Boost Mobile. I umderstand your concern but it is fruitless to say what they should and shouldn't do because a perticular situation does not meet your opinion of satisfaction.

Boost mobile, and their franchises are doing nothing wrong here, despite your frustrations.

whats the point is being with boost? then?

Promoter

I agree with you that Boost franchises are the face on the street of the Boost Mobile company, and do understand your frustration. My only point was that Boost Mobile, in web form, is somewhat seperate from the franchises.

I do however believe Boost Mobile should be more proactive in holding the franchises accountable for their customer service, which has been known to be horrible sometimes...