LG Stylo 3 corrupted SD card and UICC will not update

LG Stylo 3 corrupted SD card and UICC will not update

I've had no issues with my LG Stylo 3 for 3 months now then all the sudden my SD card is corrupted my UICC will not update my phone's acting crazy I put a new SD card in it still says that one's corrupted format will not work it's stuck on 20% I've tried everything I can think of does anybody have any suggestions or has anybody heard of this problem before with the Stylo 3
10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Re: LG Stylo 3 corrupted SD card and UICC will not update

Hi there! Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. Definitely wanna look into this for you. Have you tried restarting the phone?

TG2 Groupie
Groupie

Cara - I've got the same issue too. 

Brand new SD card, fails to format, gets to about 20% and then the format screen disappears.

I took the card to my laptop, inserted there, formatted it, and copied a file to it, without issue.

put the card back into the phone and it says "corrupted" and attempts to format yet again with the 20% and disappears.

I then took an 8G card, inserted into the phone, comes up as "corrupted" tried the same steps, same issue, rebooted phone with an with out the cards in .. no matter what each time the card inserted into the phone fails to show a format screen above 20% and at next insertion or power off / on the message appears the card is corrupt.

The phone is less than a week old.  Of course the family member that this phone was given too didn't keep the packaging, the receipt was tossed also so we may end up having to get Boost to replace the phone.

Agent

Hello TG2, what you are describing is a device issue. We recommend you contact LG at 1-800-793-8896 since the phone is under a one year warranty. You can also check and make sure the SD card is compatible with the phone.  

Accomplice

Cara... Im having the same issue but my problem is that ive owned my phone for just over the 1 year warranty period? What can i do as far as system tweeks and such to get my top dollar samsung 128gb class 10 card to work in my stylo 3?

Sorry for the confusion, marcosrios590. Can you please explain your request one more time.

Accomplice

Yeah ive had stylo 3 for just over a year , so its no longer under lg warranty... And the other day out of the blue it says sd card is corrupted... With an option to format the card... The format option formats the sd card to 20% and then shuts off the sd format interface? Are there any remedies you can suggest , lg tech support ( they want me to send it in and pay almost what a new stylo 3 costs)

Oh I see! In this case, we recommend a factory reset. Will you like to continue?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ive done factory reset, as well as ##72786# and neither seems to have worked

Ah-Gotcha! The last resource is to purchase a new device then. We apologize.