LG Stylo 3 WIFI not allowed

Highlighted
Accomplice

LG Stylo 3 WIFI not allowed

My Styl 3 will not allow WIFI and when I try to turn WIFI on it will not let me. I can connect with carrier only. Any one knows how to fix this?

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

No problem! We can definitely fix that for you. We need to perform a factory reset. Please follow these steps to perform a master reset via hardware

1. A master reset will result in the loss of all data stored on the device including 3rd party applications.

This type of reset should only be used as a last resort after all other troubleshooting steps have been exhausted. It is highly recommended that you complete a backup of the device information and disable Device Protection before proceeding with the steps in this tutorial.

With the device powered off, press and hold the Volume Down key.

Note: If Device Protection is not disabled, the login credentials for the Google account associated with the device must be entered to complete the initial setup.

2. While holding the Volume Down key, press and hold the Power key.

Release both keys when the Recovery mode screen appears.

3. On the Android Recovery screen, press the Volume Down key to scroll to and highlight Wipe data/factory reset.

4. With Wipe data/factory reset highlighted, press the Power key.

5. Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes, and then press the Power key.

6. Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.

7. The device will restart. The master reset is now complete.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Did factor reset and still no wifi.

won't turn on.

Highlighted

Are you getting an error message when you try to turn it on?

Highlighted
Accomplice

no error message, the on/off slider moves but snaps back to off.

Highlighted

Understood. In this case, please get in contact with the manufacturer of the device. In this case is LG 1-800-793-8896 or Online at http://us.lgservice.com