LG K51 activation problems

Highlighted
Accomplice

LG K51 activation problems

I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue as mpinex, but I just got my new phone in the mail. I've tried to activate/configure it several times now, and nothing works. Online it says "Something went wrong, try again later". In Carrier Hub on my phone it says "the device could not be validated. Please contact your service provider.". I got the orange/white envelope with the sim card and put that in before I tried configuring/activating everything. I'm trying to switch from my old device since it's broken to this new one. The sim card I have is not gray at all; it's white plastic around silver metal.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Hi Thanks for reaching out to us. We're glad to help. Please send us a private message, so we can look closer into this for you. Thank you. 

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Accomplice

My online set up was fine, but my K51 will not connect to the network, so I have a phone that will not make calls. It tries and retries to activate and fails. Sim card is in, it is a white-ish card.

Highlighted
Agent

We'll be happy to help.  To better assist you, please send us a private message.

Highlighted
Accomplice

And how do I do that? Or you can reply by private message and then I'll have it

Highlighted
Agent

In order to send a private message, please click on my profile and select send this user a private message. 

Highlighted
Groupie

I am having tge exact same issue as you! Bought an LG K51 online and cannot activate it. I already have a Boost account, so I wanted ti switch from my old broken decice to the new one, but it wont let me. The SIM card from Boost that came in the envelope is in my phone, however it is not grey it is white. No idea what to do!
Highlighted
Accomplice

I had an awful experience over a day and a half of them trying to troubleshoot my phone, with no success. My SIM was white also and says Sprint. It got so they were asking me to try things we already tried. They will not replace the device as defective, only let you get a return authorization if you ask within 7 days of your order, not when you receive it They start the clock on returns before you even have the [hone!  Save yourself the time!