How do I change my phone number?

Go to solution
Highlighted

How do I change my phone number?

I changed my phone number successfully​ but after it was changed my data quit working but it still states that I have 13 days left until my plan renews. I cannot make a phone or messages and I'm not very happy. The only thing that works is the internet will someone please explain to me what to do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Hello @Blacc8924 We apologize for the delay in answering you! Yes, you can check the area code. This will not cause any issues, since this is a nationwide company.

~JoyP. 

~ Joy P.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Fanatic

Hi,

Did you change your number with a different area code? If so, you need to reprogram the phone coz for sure it'll not work. Or even same area code in some instances you also need to program your phone. 

Jay

Highlighted
Community Manager

You may need to reset the network settings on your device.  Doing this just sets your phone back up on the Boost network without removing any data you've saved.  From your phone's dialer screen dial ##SCRTN# (or ##72786#) and, if prompted click 'Yes' to reset network settings.

Your phone will reboot at least once and then display a messeage that it is performing over-the-air activation.

If this doesn't work, please let us know so we can explore the next step.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Groupie

I want to change it with a 904 area code for hilliard fl
Highlighted
Agent

Hey! @Charlie234 Can you please send us a private message to better assist you?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hey is it possible to change your area code to a different area code even though you’re not in that state?
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hey is it possible to change my area code to a different area code even though I’m not in that state?
Highlighted
Agent

Hello @Blacc8924 We apologize for the delay in answering you! Yes, you can check the area code. This will not cause any issues, since this is a nationwide company.

~JoyP. 

~ Joy P.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks Joy👍
Highlighted
Agent

@Blacc8924: If you have any other question or request, feel free to let us know. We're here to help!