File Transfer Not Working (LG Stylo 4+)

Highlighted
Accomplice

File Transfer Not Working (LG Stylo 4+)

My Stylo 4+ will show up (Pictures Only) if I connect USB to Windows in the Picture Transfer mode, but the regular File Transfer Mode won't do anything (So I can access internal storage/SD Card).

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Re: File Transfer Not Working (LG Stylo 4+)

Hi there, @Cyrellia! Thank you for contacting us. Definitely want to look into this for you. Have you tried to connect using this method?

1. From the Home screen, touch and hold the Recent Apps Key (in the Touch Keys bar) > Settings > Storage > the Menu icon (at the upper-right corner of the screen) > USB PC connection.

2. Tap Media sync (MTP), Internet connection, or Camera (PTP) to connect to the PC.

Accomplice

I tried all that, it shows MTP on my phone when USB connected... but absolutely nothing on the PC (and I tried multiple PCs). Picture mode works, but can only access pictures. I need to be able to access internal storage and SD card.

Agent

Just in case, could you try with a different cable? 

Agent

You're supposed to get the option File Transfer.

Accomplice

I did that, tried OEM and a few others. I know the data connection is working since, in picture mode, I can access the device just fine. But in MTP, nothing.

Accomplice

I do have that option, and when selected, the phone says File Transfer Mode... but nothing showing up on the PC as an available drive.Screenshot_2019-03-04-12-18-59.png

Agent

That's weird. i could only advise you to try with different cables. Also, you could enable the USB Debugging option under Settings >Developer options. 

Finally, there are third-party apps that allow you manage your phone's files over Wi-Fi.

Accomplice

Screenshot_2019-03-04-12-18-54.png

This is what I see on the PC side... Other phones would show the device's storage in this window.

Agent

I see. We advise you to try the options mentioned above. That could help. You could also visit the manufacturer's website for additional support.