Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Cant swap phones

Cant swap phones

I just bought my mom the LG Tribute Empire and Im trying to swap from her Kyocera to the LG but it is saying the device in ineligible. I tried to contact customer service but they are closed and the chat is no help either. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: Cant swap phones

Having the same issue
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @malia22 & @Monte-velle! Thanks for reaching out. Definitely want to help you with this. Please send us a PM with your phone number, PIN and DEC of the new phone. You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Highlighted

Does the back of the SIM card area say Boost Mobile Virgin Mobile or Sprint? Those are the only networks that boost will support. My SIM card looks like a credit card with nothing on the front and when you turned it over there's a square hole where you took the SIM card from and that is where you'll see those phone companies listed. Boost has to be there. If you purchase the phone with a SIM card already in it then matching isn't the issue as in matching with the network. I have spent two days trying to do my new phone swap my phone and an hour and a half on chat waiting for somebody. I do know that only certain SIM card numbers will work on Boost Mobile. They are open on Sunday and I would give them a call. I have had cell phones forever and swapped them with no issue but for some reason boost is giving me an issue and I have the SIM card part number that they told me to purchase. I am sick right now and I hope that I wake up in time to call them or do a live chat. The issue is usually the SIM card. I know this from issues swapping phones in the past. Be well and let me know if you get them up and running! 🙂