Cannot set up WiFi hotspot on LG Stylo 4. It won’t let me input a password. Boost & LG support suck!

Highlighted
Accomplice

Cannot set up WiFi hotspot on LG Stylo 4. It won’t let me input a password. Boost & LG support suck!

21 REPLIES 21
Agent

Re: Cannot set up WiFi hotspot on LG Stylo 4. It won’t let me input a password. Boost & LG suppor...

Hello, MarkH9. We definitely want to take a look at this. Are you able to turn on the hotspot feature on the phone itself? What error message are you getting when trying to set it up?
Accomplice

Re: Cannot set up WiFi hotspot on LG Stylo 4. It won’t let me input a password. Boost & LG suppo

Already spent 2+ hours with Boost support who sent me to LG support who then sent me back to Boost support. And now I am here. There are no error messages. When I set up WiFi hotspot it DID  NOT/DOES NOT ask for or prompt me for a password. The hotspot works fine. When I attempt to connect a device to the hotspot it asks for a password. But no password exists!!!!!!! I cannot make anyone understand this! Everyone is reading from the same unhelpful script!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent

Re: Cannot set up WiFi hotspot on LG Stylo 4. It won’t let me input a password. Boost & LG suppo

Thanks for the information. Please, do the following steps to make sure there's no password: Network Tethering Wi-Fi hotspot > Set up Wi-Fi hotspot. Tap on Password so you can delete or create one. When completed, tap Save and reboot the phone. Then try to connect another device to the hotspot and let us know the outcome.

Accomplice

When you tap on Set Up WiFi Hotspot a password option does not appear on the screen!!!!!!!!!!

Agent

Hello, @MarkH9. Can you please send us a screenshot of what you see under the Set Up WiFi Hotspot settings?

Accomplice

B4B5495C-1A2A-46A3-87C2-3B25452041E0.jpeg

Accomplice

That is the screen that comes up immediately after tapping Set Up Wfi Hotspot. There is no place to input a password!

Agent

Thanks. Please, tap Security to see if it shows the option Password. Let us know the outcome.

Accomplice

NO. I’ve done all of this multiple times!